The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#51 2014-03-22 20:59:34

Amatiel

Re: People who keep their values intentionally low

To rob him you would need to brute force him to some extent, you will not be able to beat him with 2k of tools any time soon. too many combo locks, and its too easy for him to change them

Or are you talking about commiting seppuku with an established house/character?

Current Name: Darryl Gary Breeden

Died to self test yet again..... FFS..... ill be back

#52 2014-03-22 21:12:35

42dustman

Amatiel wrote:

To rob him you would need to brute force him to some extent, you will not be able to beat him with 2k of tools any time soon. too many combo locks, and its too easy for him to change them

Or are you talking about commiting seppuku with an established house/character?

Nah, just thought there would be more weak spots like the first dog behind the window. I don't have a non 2k life in quite a while now.

Self-testing is torture.

#53 2014-03-22 22:08:16

Amatiel

In the interests of the community I present you with Mr Howards vault.

http://castledraft.com/editor/CxERvF

If I had one more ladder the sentence would have been passed then and there.

Ill give you guys the chance to get to him before I do. This is after all, only fair to give the many people who he has robbed using his exploit a chance for justice.

I expect a massive retaliation of some sorts, more than what he has tried thus far but know that i took one for the team. Ill go down fighting but please... remember me :'(

#54 2014-03-22 23:20:17

shlam16

Ooh looky here, Amatiel is the first person to ever find (not rob) my vault, entirely through the advanced knowledge of multiple robbers and about 10 attempts himself alone. He is broke now, so I think it is a perfect time to retire my house undefeated. Paintings and cash go to my brother, whether he tries to protect them is entirely up to him from here, I'd rather they be sent back to the auction house to be honest.

Here is a look at what none of you could ever crack. This is more for you Stefan, Lord0fHam and Gyuri, the 3 people who have had decent looks around, but never solved it. I'll describe the various traps if anyone wants to know.

http://castledraft.com/editor/pmD0XT

#55 2014-03-22 23:35:41

Amatiel

Actually, it was 4 attempts total (aside from poking my head in with no tools) AND I did it alone, the information that others provided while welcome, did not reveal anything I either didnt already know or revealed areas of your house that were not needed to be revealed.

It was just a giant conventional double combo lock, with pet herding exercises built into it. Why would anyone try to crack that when it is far cheaper and easier to brute force it like i did?

It can be brute forced for 12.6K but it took roughly 20K to discover where the vault was, which was in a predictable location. One needs to strike a balance between brute force protection and complexity. This was too complex and super vulnerable to brute forcing.

Justice won the day! Let this be a lesson to anyone who thinks they can blatantly cheat and not suffer consequences.

Last edited by Amatiel (2014-03-22 23:40:06)

#56 2014-03-22 23:38:39

Lord0fHam

shlam16 wrote:

Ooh looky here, Amatiel is the first person to ever find (not rob) my vault, entirely through the advanced knowledge of multiple robbers and about 10 attempts himself alone. He is broke now, so I think it is a perfect time to retire my house undefeated. Paintings and cash go to my brother, whether he tries to protect them is entirely up to him from here, I'd rather they be sent back to the auction house to be honest.

Here is a look at what none of you could ever crack. This is more for you Stefan, Lord0fHam and Gyuri, the 3 people who have had decent looks around, but never solved it. I'll describe the various traps if anyone wants to know.

Well shlam16, I'm really sorry to see it has come to this. I hope you can still enjoy the game and rise to the top again. That is one great house and I still can't even figure it out. Maybe I'll be able to pick up some cool paintings in the auction house.

It's a trap!

#57 2014-03-22 23:42:12

Amatiel

Lord0fHam wrote:
shlam16 wrote:

Well shlam16, I'm really sorry to see it has come to this. I hope you can still enjoy the game and rise to the top again. That is one great house and I still can't even figure it out. Maybe I'll be able to pick up some cool paintings in the auction house.

Im really starting to suspect that you are either his brother or someone who sympathises with blatant cheating. You are the only one who is still defending him.

Last edited by Amatiel (2014-03-22 23:42:31)

#58 2014-03-22 23:55:41

Lord0fHam

I assure you I'm not his brother and I don't sympathize with cheating. I don't think it's right to use multiple accounts and I also don't think it's right to expose someone's house on the forums like that. All I said was maybe he'll still enjoy this game.

It's a trap!

#59 2014-03-23 00:14:26

shlam16

Amatiel wrote:

Actually, it was 4 attempts total (aside from poking my head in with no tools) AND I did it alone, the information that others provided while welcome, did not reveal anything I either didnt already know or revealed areas of your house that were not needed to be revealed.

It was just a giant conventional double combo lock, with pet herding exercises built into it. Why would anyone try to crack that when it is far cheaper and easier to brute force it like i did?

It can be brute forced for 12.6K but it took roughly 20K to discover where the vault was, which was in a predictable location. One needs to strike a balance between brute force protection and complexity. This was too complex and super vulnerable to brute forcing.

Justice won the day! Let this be a lesson to anyone who thinks they can blatantly cheat and not suffer consequences.

Funny that you say it is susceptible to brute forcing considering it withstood 10+ brute force attempts with tools amounting up to 60k at times. Granted, with prior knowledge of my map, like when myself or some little pissant posts it online, then weak spots can be found. But to the uneducated robber like yourself the cost to brute force is immense.

Kid, you think this is justice? You think these are consequences? I consider it a win for myself personally. I have been too addicted to this game for too long now. This is the perfect exit for me. My house, in 4 iterations (3 dead self tests) was NEVER cracked. It survived for 2 months, killed well over 1000 people, including more than a few top pagers. But you enjoy your petty way of playing and accuse people who are better than you all you like. Bye now little boy.

#60 2014-03-23 00:18:03

shlam16

Lord0fHam wrote:
shlam16 wrote:

Thanks for your support mate, despite what these kids think and their "evidence" this house was built entirely legit. The main theme of it is that you have to switch power sources several times in order to keep the powered pits turned on and allow safe passage, otherwise through missteps pits will turn off behind you or even under you.

#61 2014-03-23 00:31:09

LiteS

shlam16 wrote:

My house, in 4 iterations (3 dead self tests) was NEVER cracked. It survived for 2 months, killed well over 1000 people, including more than a few top pagers. But you enjoy your petty way of playing and accuse people who are better than you all you like. Bye now little boy.

Um, pardon me, but someone found your vault and from what I can gather, exited with his life. By the books, your house was cracked.

#62 2014-03-23 00:33:35

Lord0fHam

LiteS wrote:
shlam16 wrote:

My house, in 4 iterations (3 dead self tests) was NEVER cracked. It survived for 2 months, killed well over 1000 people, including more than a few top pagers. But you enjoy your petty way of playing and accuse people who are better than you all you like. Bye now little boy.

Um, pardon me, but someone found your vault and from what I can gather, exited with his life. By the books, your house was cracked.

Yes but not by himself, and he didn't actually successfully rob it.

It's a trap!

#63 2014-03-23 00:47:46

42dustman

shlam16 wrote:

Thanks for your support mate, despite what these kids think and their "evidence" this house was built entirely legit.

Obama-lol.gif

Self-testing is torture.

#64 2014-03-23 00:54:50

Lord0fHam

And by the way guys, all you proof was based on the fact that he went from a low value house to a high value house quickly. That happens all the time. If you spend a bunch of money and drop back into the 5-10k range, you can easily go back up to 20k in a day.

It's a trap!

#65 2014-03-23 01:03:32

Amatiel

Lord0fHam wrote:

And by the way guys, all you proof was based on the fact that he went from a low value house to a high value house quickly. That happens all the time. If you spend a bunch of money and drop back into the 5-10k range, you can easily go back up to 20k in a day.

The fact that right before in both cases someone with a decent bounty robbed the place.... (so they knew how to get to vault) only to return and hang himself in the door... no way buddy thats more than coincidence.

Perhaps you have just got too much of an optimistic and innocent heart or dont realize the significance of these actions.

#66 2014-03-23 01:21:53

Kimenzar

Roy Seth Walter, just throwing a name here in.

#67 2014-03-23 01:29:56

StefanLindskog

I'm not going to engage in this debate. However, I will make a remark on its form. I will coment on the house first, though.

Shlam: That house is scary. The only way to really solve it is by brute forcing. Noone can possibly get two bitlocks like that right from guesswork. No wonder people died in your house. I didn't - and I'm quite happy with that. I see that my brute force route has been cut off. You can thank me later for pointing that one out to you. tongue

Debate. This debate is futile. It's been reduced to ridicule and should stop, really. Shlam should stop with the "kids" and the "noobs". I'm going to give Shlam the benefit of the doubt (although I must say I have some), and say that  Mr. Howard's house (and the conflict centered around it) will be a fond gaming memory. I know some of you won't see it that way, but I will. smile

Also. My next house is slowly taking form. I don't know if I can make it as interesting as The Pen - but it has promise. Once I feel more secure, I'll start a feud with someone in here. big_smile

Current life: Unknown

Rotary toggle switches... Sooooo sexy.

#68 2014-03-23 01:31:03

TheNinja

Whom was Malcolm Kennith Nelson?

If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.
-Jeffrey R. Murphy
Find me on steam NinjaStylle

#69 2014-03-23 03:12:38

CircleOfSorrow

I think you are all the same person with alt accounts holding a conversation with yourself.

This game is pretty neat huh? big_smile

#70 2014-03-23 03:30:43

42dustman

CircleOfSorrow wrote:

I think you are all the same person with alt accounts holding a conversation with yourself.

Shut up alter ego 59!

Last edited by 42dustman (2014-03-23 03:33:06)

Self-testing is torture.

#71 2014-03-23 03:54:09

StefanLindskog

42dustman wrote:
CircleOfSorrow wrote:

Shut up alter ego 59!

I laughed.

Current life: Unknown

Rotary toggle switches... Sooooo sexy.

#72 2014-03-23 09:31:56

Immhotep

Kimenzar wrote:

Is that really necessary???

Death is only the beginning...

#73 2014-03-23 09:56:11

shlam16

Immhotep wrote:
Kimenzar wrote:

For some of the sad people around here, it is absolutely necessary. My significant bounty went to my brothers house anyway (Roy), and having seen how he spent it I know the art collection from my old house is safe with him. He just spent an exorbitant amount of money to remove Charles Davis Clark off the map too, very funny, and no more cash farm for people. On a personal note, it's been fun being able to just run amok without having to care about dying.

#74 2014-03-23 10:27:14

Lord0fHam

shlam16 wrote:
Immhotep wrote:
Kimenzar wrote:

For some of the sad people around here, it is absolutely necessary. My significant bounty went to my brothers house anyway (Roy), and having seen how he spent it I know the art collection from my old house is safe with him. He just spent an exorbitant amount of money to remove Charles Davis Clark off the map too, very funny, and no more cash farm for people. On a personal note, it's been fun being able to just run amok without having to care about dying.

good thing connell's still around smile (don't get any ideas)

It's a trap!

#75 2014-03-23 10:33:51

shlam16

Lord0fHam wrote:
shlam16 wrote:
Immhotep wrote:

good thing connell's still around smile (don't get any ideas)

Haha I'm no longer the wealthy one! But I think he will see the value of keeping Connell around, as barely anyone knows how to solve his map and people die there much more frequently.

Board footer