The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-20 13:43:35

absynthe7

Obligatory "My House Has Finally Fallen" Post

So, after almost a week, my vault was compromised for over $21k in cash and tools, along with three paintings. Time to share!

Here's the final incarnation, which accumulated 97 kills before its demise:
http://castledraft.com/editor/yl97KL

Looks like a couple of folks had been keeping notes on their earlier deaths - a handful of guys have died to my magic dance over the last few days, but the last guy was able to guess his way through it. He was either exceptionally lucky, or simply died to the same dance twice before and learned its tricks.

Some thoughts:

- The first trapdoor worked way better than I thought it would. People simply couldn't resist cutting the power or killing the cat.
- The powered door trap was much better than expected. Why don't more people bring doorstops?
- The second trapdoor worked terribly. The "leap of faith" gimmick is getting too common to trick anyone anymore.
- Robbers can't resist opening doors. You'd think that initial southward turn had a "Free Candy" sign over it.
- When given a choice of three paths, robbers will almost never pick the middle one. If it's more than three, they'll almost never pick the first or last ones. YMMV.
- Use more trapdoors and pits and powered doors, fewer grates and possibly dogs.
- Hide the power sources.
- If no one's gotten near your vault, you might want to consider whether or not your later traps are crap.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board, I just wanted to share in case it was of help to anyone smile

#2 2014-02-20 17:33:14

nyuklaus

Re: Obligatory "My House Has Finally Fallen" Post

Thanks for sharing! i died twice in your house the last few days and far away your vault. big_smile

Board footer