The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-24 06:08:02

TyrannosaurusHax

Unrobbable house?

Would this work?

http://castledraft.com/editor/KyTmUR (May need an inverter and/or to move the vault so that it takes an odd number of steps to reach)

Clock
Powered trap door in front of welcome mat - toggled every step.

Successful robbery: powered trap door starts off, switches on every odd number of steps. If circuit is not broken, successful robbery can only leave powered trap door on.

All attempted robberies until house is re-validated: leave or step directly onto powered pit which starts on, is off after one step.
Ladder can't be used because the powered pit has power when the robber is standing on the welcome mat.

Obviously someone would have to attempt to rob the house when there's $0 available...but people do that, not to mention some have multiple accounts.

#2 2014-02-24 06:13:19

Kimenzar

Re: Unrobbable house?

http://thecastledoctrine.gamepedia.com/Ladder

The trapdoor or pit can be in any state (other than already laddered) to have the ladder put over it.

Other than that, it should work. But I left these houses everytime with or without tools.

Last edited by Kimenzar (2014-02-24 06:14:32)

#3 2014-02-24 06:17:22

TyrannosaurusHax

As should be the case I think, though I wouldn't have been overly surprised if the wiki lied.

#4 2014-02-24 06:21:49

Kimenzar

My experience also wink I set a ladder on a powered Trapdoor(on) to go safe and the ladder would be away anyway and boom i moved on it, it was unpowered(I knew there was a moving dog there).

So both wiki and me know that you can put ladders on it everytime.

#5 2014-02-24 07:45:13

Hippasus

My understanding is that the state of the electronics is not saved when your house is robbed (apart, of course, from any physical changes to the circuitry itself such as a cut wire) A house  will always start with all its voltage triggered switches in their 'off' state. That means that the 'phase' that the trapdoor is in can never be altered merely by reaching the vault at different times. (that's the idea right?) So this design would not work at all I'm afraid.

Also, as mentioned above ladders can be placed over open pits, so even if this did work it could still be robbed with one.

It IS possible to make a house that starts with a closed pit which opens on the first move. (only if the house is in a broken state) but I'll leave it for you to figure out the details. wink

Board footer