The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-28 04:08:23

Immhotep

[Suggestion] After the wife is dead...

The player gets an urn which they can place anywhere in the map and if a robber move close to the urn the wife's ghost will haunt the robber and randomly remove an item.

Death is only the beginning...

#2 2014-02-28 07:24:06

Jabloko

Re: [Suggestion] After the wife is dead...

I don't think that is appropriate for the game's theme.

#3 2014-02-28 10:09:14

ventuswings

Never mind that it gives homeowner more reason to kill off his wife tongue

#4 2014-02-28 11:28:01

JoyOfTrapping

Hahaha!  It would be (hypothetically) interesting to have some kind of mod with a wife item, like the urn.  It could automatically be placed at the wife's position on the robbery in which she was killed.  Then if you "disturbed" it, a transparent wife (and robber?) would appear and you would get to see like a psychic impression of the trauma of her death which was imprinted onto the fabric of the house- so you would see a replay of the robber and the wife's death, all transparent.

This totally wouldn't fit in with the game theme, or even the turn-based nature of it, and also would give a player information about the house.  So this obviously would never ever happen but it is funny to think about a weird aesthetic twist being part of your future robbery runs.

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#5 2014-03-01 16:06:15

DarkKat48

Personally I think some more defenses for the family besides walls of pitbulls would be really nice.

#6 2014-03-01 16:08:19

Shinnbob
Website

I would agree that something does need to be implemented to give more reward for protecting the wife - or at least making it easier to do so. Right now I (as many do) usually get her killed off early to stop possible weak-points in my house design.

#7 2014-03-01 19:39:40

Vegeta9001

Shinnbob wrote:

I would agree that something does need to be implemented to give more reward for protecting the wife - or at least making it easier to do so. Right now I (as many do) usually get her killed off early to stop possible weak-points in my house design.

And by doing so you are 100% doom if someone steal from your vault...

With your wife you *At least* keep 50% of the gold you have before you left your house so if you left with over 6k you keep 3k and if you had over 200k you keep 100k...

And if you wife is impossible to find and kill or it cost so much to get to her than it isn't worth the money then, you won't ever lose this money and so more robber will keep on coming in and maybe even die since your house system is broken and you might even regains some of the money you lose if your vault was robbed.

Board footer