The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-01 17:57:15

fry40

House ruined by guy with 2 accounts

Guy comes in my house with no items and just goes straight past the initial commitment trap, scouts out as much as possible before dying close to the safe, leaving behind a 8.1k bounty. Immediately following this someone comes in with the EXACT tools to break past my defense to reach the safe. It is 100% the same guy on his second account getting his bounty money back plus the money I had in my safe. His path was straight to the safe, not a single step in another direction and my defense was in one of the corners out of view, so a new person would have no clue it was there without prior knowledge. So now my house is completely robbed and in a repairable state because of this guy breaking the spirit of the game, most likely for his own benefit of getting the bounty he had surmounted by murdering wife and kids at the front door of people's houses. I don't know if this is a bannable offense or anything, but the two names were Derrick Jamison Eaton and Aaron Ralph Hernadez. This game is starting to get to an unplayable state for me because of these work-arounds people are doing to ruin the poor player's experience.

#2 2014-03-01 19:15:11

Vegeta9001

Re: House ruined by guy with 2 accounts

I have no idea if your guy was using two account or if he was cheating, but I did see one guy coming in one of my previous house *Something like 2 weeks ago* without any tools and he easily resolve all my traps and robbed around 120k from my vault.

My house was a giant labyrinthe with over 40 different ways to choose from with only one good way and all the other was death trap and even if you do find the good way, you have to step on a single switch when there is 10 of them all the other is certain deaths without tools and at the very end you have to do a complicated magic dance trap trick to get to the vault.

Guess what? without a *SINGLE* tool he was able to do it, this is like a 1/200 chance to ever do than first try.

It is obvious than some people are indeed hacker or cheater in this game and yes a lot of people uses double and even triple accounts.

#3 2014-03-01 23:32:39

Immhotep

fry40 wrote:

Guy comes in my house with no items and just goes straight past the initial commitment trap, scouts out as much as possible before dying close to the safe, leaving behind a 8.1k bounty. Immediately following this someone comes in with the EXACT tools to break past my defense to reach the safe. It is 100% the same guy on his second account getting his bounty money back plus the money I had in my safe. His path was straight to the safe, not a single step in another direction and my defense was in one of the corners out of view, so a new person would have no clue it was there without prior knowledge. So now my house is completely robbed and in a repairable state because of this guy breaking the spirit of the game, most likely for his own benefit of getting the bounty he had surmounted by murdering wife and kids at the front door of people's houses. I don't know if this is a bannable offense or anything, but the two names were Derrick Jamison Eaton and Aaron Ralph Hernadez. This game is starting to get to an unplayable state for me because of these work-arounds people are doing to ruin the poor player's experience.

In any other games there are always dual or more accounts to gain certain exploit, sometimes it's hard to do anything to them since they did not violate any rules of the game unless if Jason comes up with a rule or a solution, complaining about them is basically useless... I know it's clearly unfair but what do you expect Jason to do? He made the chills and recently the reverse chills to prevent multiple accounts from exploiting but now people are restarting their $0 houses for their 2nd account to rob continuously until they get a very high bounty then they will do something like you mentioned...

Death is only the beginning...

#4 2014-03-02 11:37:17

Shinnbob
Website

I maybe wouldn't go as far as blaming people for having 2 accounts. I would though say it is very easy to work with friends scouting houses (specifically luck based houses) for future reference. Pretty sure thats how my first effort at a luck based house got taken out.

Morale of the story - luck based traps always have a chance the robber will get very very very lucky.

#5 2014-03-02 23:22:28

LiteS

Shinnbob wrote:

I maybe wouldn't go as far as blaming people for having 2 accounts. I would though say it is very easy to work with friends scouting houses (specifically luck based houses) for future reference. Pretty sure thats how my first effort at a luck based house got taken out.

Morale of the story - luck based traps always have a chance the robber will get very very very lucky.

But every trap in the game is luck based, regardless of the odds, given that there has to be a sequence of arrow key presses that lead to your vault without tools.

#6 2014-03-02 23:27:02

Shinnbob
Website

LiteS wrote:
Shinnbob wrote:

But every trap in the game is luck based, regardless of the odds, given that there has to be a sequence of arrow key presses that lead to your vault without tools.

A luck based trap is say 20 corridors all look the same, 19 will kill you & one has the vault in - thats a luck based trap as there is no real skill in getting it without tools.

Sequences etc can be deciphered by luck yes but they aren't what I would call luck traps ie you can on some of those work it out from extensive scouting etc

#7 2014-03-03 02:12:21

Karl Farx

Immhotep wrote:

reverse chills

What's that?

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of farts.

#8 2014-03-03 07:36:11

Immhotep

Karl Farx wrote:
Immhotep wrote:

reverse chills

What's that?

When you successfully robbed someone and he died, you will not be able to see his house for the next 24 hours... But you will be able to see him if he did not kill himself

Death is only the beginning...

Board footer