The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-08 21:52:24

Lord0fHam

[Suggestion] Painting Roster

I suggest a tab on the auction house page that shows the name of everyone who owns a painting and which painting(s) they own. It is really annoying to search for a painting if you want to steal it, especially if the house is in use and you actually CAN'T find it. I don't think this would really impact actual gameplay at all, and wouldn't be very hard to implement. What do you guys think?

It's a trap!

#2 2014-03-08 22:37:39

42dustman

Re: [Suggestion] Painting Roster

I generally agree with this idea, but I think it would be more interesting if instead of putting all the info straight into the auction house we simply had a number besides the entries/deaths counter showing how many paintings there are on that house. That way you're forced to take a step into the home and additionally players that own paintings might end up getting more burglary attempts against them.

Self-testing is torture.

#3 2014-03-08 23:23:35

JoyOfTrapping

That -is- actually a cool idea.  Paintings add a lot to the game, and can allow you to create a goal or feeling of purpose to drive yourself onward when you've been holed up in your house for a few days and it's getting old.  It would be cool if there were some way to gather some kind of information about the paintings, as long as it was a little bit watered down, similar to Dustman's idea.  I think isolation and anonymity are important aspects of the game's theme- they are also very delicate and easy to destroy with addition or tweaking of features like this.  I would support an idea like painting info, or the "neighborhood view" idea for example, as long as they don't give too much personal information and cause people to be aggressively targeted with too much ease.

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#4 2014-03-08 23:32:26

Lord0fHam

JoyOfTrapping wrote:

That -is- actually a cool idea.  Paintings add a lot to the game, and can allow you to create a goal or feeling of purpose to drive yourself onward when you've been holed up in your house for a few days and it's getting old.  It would be cool if there were some way to gather some kind of information about the paintings, as long as it was a little bit watered down, similar to Dustman's idea.  I think isolation and anonymity are important aspects of the game's theme- they are also very delicate and easy to destroy with addition or tweaking of features like this.  I would support an idea like painting info, or the "neighborhood view" idea for example, as long as they don't give too much personal information and cause people to be aggressively targeted with too much ease.

After reading this, I would agree with what you guys have said. Straight up names would not be good, but some indicator WOULD be good, so that you don't have to search every single house. This would bring more attention to the people with paintings, but not at one specific person, just because they have the "best" painting(if that's a thing).

It's a trap!

#5 2014-03-09 07:22:15

Amatiel

I wouldnt mind actual names on a list that shows who has what, it would bring fame and infamy to those individuals with paintings that people want, especially if there is a record shown of how many people have died trying to get it.

Seriously cool endgame this would be in my opinion

Current Name: Darryl Gary Breeden

Died to self test yet again..... FFS..... ill be back

#6 2014-03-09 14:56:39

joshwithguitar

Jason has already responded to a similar request here:
http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/vie … php?id=720

#7 2014-03-09 22:48:38

JoyOfTrapping

Thanks for the link, Josh.  I agree with the points.  As stated above, the themes are fragile.  After reading and thinking on this, I would rather have those themes intact.

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

Board footer