The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-03 17:14:45

Kimenzar

My old house-idea

Simple thing, i died too oft and my house got never cracked or a visit by a big/good robber. I have now a new and much better design(Yeah this one is not that well). I just realize that I concentrate to much against bruteforce(avoiding traps) and not that the traps can as just easly be brute forced. So I will present you my house-idea and how it evolve time after time.

http://castledraft.com/editor/4xj6I4

The first complete Layout. Bottom is for wife defense. Top is the way to go for the vault.

The start is simple. Build up the doggy dance with  ~1500. Go out for lower houses. ( Most times I can get 2k-3k(500 are more than enough to rob lower houses) and make my house 2k Robber safe)

Then I just waited at 4k and built up the first AND only trap until it had this appearance. Nobody who wants to survive will attack this house, so no worry about bruteforce up to 10k.

Maintraps
First is the Doggydance, easy and cheap to adjust the combination.
Second Trap was a guess game. Wrong doggy door will close the vault complete(Crowbar needed).
Third Trap is a guess game also, choose the right way with a doggy behind you.
Forth is a Faketrap that wouldn't really matter with my experience now.

But, there are also "hidden" traps.
The second commit chihuahuatrap as example. If you step to early to "activate" the commit trap the chihuahua will die on the E-floor and you need a ladder to get further. Or the last "commitgate", i had this part in Fortress Theory as a last trap and it safed my vault two times.

There were many "evolutions" before but sadly I haven't documented them.

The house was especially designed for robbers who want a safe path back.

http://castledraft.com/editor/JbAi2s

Here I optimized the commits at the long hallway. Less space, more advantage. door, button, power, trapdoor is a combi where the robber can scout, go back and water the power to back out, but can't advance further again or he need to use a toolslot for a doorstopper.

Otherwise I thought, if someone scout the doors with the cats, he will wonder why one cat doesn't move at all. Changed it at that houseversion, so all guessdoors will act the same.

And another trap found his way into my house, a simple timer until my vault will close then the cat will see you. Then you need to dance around at the gate until the trapdoor close. This trap will give me headache later.

http://castledraft.com/editor/vutVvH

I added a fake-electronic to waste some saws for robbers. Mixed the metal and concretewalls a little bit for declined vision. Added one more safety trap for the vault and changed the place for the powersupply a bit more north to get the space for that safety trap.

Do you remember my riddle post? Where I asked about the steps? I just wanted to see if there is any better solution than mine and here I added it into the cat timer. Thanks for the help ;P

http://castledraft.com/editor/YEcJng

Here I simply mixed metal and concrete more because I had the money for it and had it all the time in mind. And safe that dog from dieing and being more useful as commit.

http://castledraft.com/editor/AYL7g5

Now my final version. I found a mistake in my last defense(A missing powerplate). Luckily before I died to it smile .
And now to my headache trap. I was thinking that this cattimer is a weakness in my "bruteforce defense". If the robber comes from the north he could simply get in the safety zone. So I was thinking and thinking and cursed that toggle switch because it didn't have an alternate version. But after some time I came up with this solution. But one problem I had with it was, that this last cat door now behave different. But it was more safe.

Now I have another safer, more efficient house-idea. I hope you enjoyed the evolution of my old house smile

Last note: I could complete this house only two times(without the psychological trapdoors).

(I hope I have no mistakes in the text or links)

Last edited by Kimenzar (2014-04-03 17:15:36)

#2 2014-04-04 19:00:19

Kimenzar

Re: My old house-idea

Some kind of sad that my house didn't earn any answer =/

#3 2014-04-04 21:03:48

Blip

That's actually a really nice place, and would stand against some pretty well-tooled brute force attempts. Just wondering, how did it fall? Were you robbed, or did a self test go awry?

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#4 2014-04-05 04:26:55

FreeLove

Kimenzar wrote:

To be honest, the first magic dance should be a shining example to magic dances, and is about as far as I analyzed your house. If I was suicide-robbing your house, I probably would break into several others before I even found a way past your dance, if I did at all. The rest I didn't really look at, though I'm sure it's pretty damn solid. This is the kind of house I'd just let someone else attempt to force.

I only post because I care <3

#5 2014-04-05 06:32:33

Kimenzar

Blip wrote:

That's actually a really nice place, and would stand against some pretty well-tooled brute force attempts. Just wondering, how did it fall? Were you robbed, or did a self test go awry?

I built it up many times, sometimes it fell trough stupid mistakes or that one time the commit with the chihuahua killed me and it gave me a good idea for a visiontrap.
I just got tired of that house now smile

FreeLove wrote:
Kimenzar wrote:

To be honest, the first magic dance should be a shining example to magic dances, and is about as far as I analyzed your house. If I was suicide-robbing your house, I probably would break into several others before I even found a way past your dance, if I did at all. The rest I didn't really look at, though I'm sure it's pretty damn solid. This is the kind of house I'd just let someone else attempt to force.

The first trap was designed to be the only trap in my house until I get more Ideas for the rest of space big_smile

Board footer