The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-26 14:25:33

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Server-side robbery verification in place

I just got server-side robbery verification working.

It runs a headless game client server-side and feeds each robbery (and self-test) move list to that client.  The client runs the moves and makes sure that everything is legit.  If anything is off (like walking through walls, using tools that you don't have, etc)., then the robbery (or self-test) is rejected, and the player is killed and given a fresh start.

I'll be doing a longer post about this later.... but I just wanted to warn people that this is in place now. 

Keep an eye out for any strange behavior on the server.  For example, if you're NOT cheating, and the server denies the end of your robbery or self test, see if you can can isolate the series of steps that cause this to happen and email me about it (if you can't figure it out, sending me the stdout and recordedGame from when you were killed unfairly would be better than nothing). 

I'm guessing that there are still a few cases where the headless client doesn't simulate things exactly right.  I've done a lot of testing on my end already, but you know how it goes.

#2 2013-04-29 07:24:59

setz
Website

Re: Server-side robbery verification in place

awesome. thanks so much for continuing to work and communicate with us Jason. this addition sounds great.

Board footer