The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-06 08:10:50

tigerbalm immunity

well, Earl Gary Ward is dead.

killed off an 80k house i had just reset; send 4 paintings back to auction.
gotta stop robbing before caffeine in the morning.  brought a wire cutter specifically to thwart commitment trap. used said cutters on a floor attempting to activate magic dance for watering out, accomplished nothing. and now to leave--oops. i guess adrenaline is a good caffeine substitute. it's organic.

btw i dropped an 87k bounty in a 7k house. but he has already been robbed by a friend of mine. we both are single account users. i had not even seen the vault, but as the house was a new name, Crowe, and made of wood and a bit of steel and had an electric floor magic dance, i advised him that several saws and several waters would probably do the trick (for sawing above and along the dance floor and to activate the floors and then watering the rest of the way.  there was one power flanked by steel requiring 7 saws to bypass.).  he brought said kit and the trick was done.  he is waiting to work on design ideas before setting the house. 

also, just because there is so much discussion on the topic, while i recognize my friend and i have colluded to recapture my bounty, my imperfect knowledge made it far from a sure thing (and the knowledge i did have could be safely bought for 1 dog meat, 1 cutter [or 2 saws, which are more common for blind starter kits], and one water).  My friend brought every tool he had and if he failed would have reduced his 4k house to near 0 with no guardian angel alt account for bailouts.  Additionally he is also an active player and would have noticed the new name at the top of the list. and inquiries would have been made, etc etc.  i do think what we have done is cheating. and i do feel bad for Crowe who won't get to build with my 87k.  His house, though, was not capable of sitting at the #2 spot for long and he would have been robbed by the first player who tried with more than a starter kit.  In any case, Mr. Crowe would have to have been extremely quick in returning home and taking that fat goose off the market. 

anyway, that is actually off topic.  point is: I'm dead. sorry mr. harris, perhaps buying my paintings at auction will be cheaper than robbing me for them.

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

#2 2014-04-06 08:19:03

poor

Re: well, Earl Gary Ward is dead.

Haha, that is awesome! It actually took him two attempts; he didn't bring enough saws the first time.

And now I know my name!

"Safety" is relative
Current life: None; I'm quite dead.

#3 2014-04-06 08:19:33

Blip

So is Harris. But I rose again, and quick.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#4 2014-04-06 08:38:38

tigerbalm immunity

i just robbed the Cook house (for the 100th time), so i have 4k or so in cash and tools with which i will probably rebuild a lil cottage, likely tomorrow morning as i won't be able  to play today/night.

btw just because it seems that many people, even veterans, don't know this: if you are on a fresh start and rob successfully, your haul will not return to your house until you do. that is, if you just leave the game on the screen that says "You empty your backpack to make room for the vault contents...", you can wait indefinitely to build your new house.  obviously by the time you do return home, any cash you did not spend on the starter kit will have been robbed and your entire family will have been killed, but still.

edit: obviously this also works for established homes: the house will remain in the state it was when you left to go robbing until you return with the haul. and you can wait forever to return.

Last edited by tigerbalm immunity (2014-04-06 08:40:26)

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

#5 2014-04-06 08:42:03

Blip

I died on a self test, so I'm just going to take a break from this game. I somehow had a great streak of luck, combined with some skill, that got me a good many robberies and paintings. But now it's all gone.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

Board footer