The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-07 09:15:44

poor

[meta] Per-user ignore on the forums?

Is there a way for one to ignore specific users on the forums? If not, how difficult would it be to add? It would not only help with the occasional spam problem, but also with some of the threads where actual discussion is mixed with loudly and frequently voiced opinions of each party's mental status and effect on the health of society.

Please?

"Safety" is relative
Current life: None; I'm quite dead.

#2 2014-04-07 09:56:25

gyuri

Re: [meta] Per-user ignore on the forums?

+1

#3 2014-04-07 10:10:48

eppfel
Website

You can report such posts..

#4 2014-04-07 10:22:20

cullman

I would like to block the same person.  He adds nothing to the discourse here.

#5 2014-04-07 12:56:13

poor

The problem with using "report" is that it involves a moderator, who can only decide whether to hide the post from everyone. This is only warranted for clear spam like that from our Russian(?) "friends". Removing posts & replies for other reasons would quickly become ... controversial ... and leave plenty of room for abuse. Not that Jason would do that in the first place, given the views he has expressed here and elsewhere. I just want don't want to wade through tons of shit from a small group of highly vocal individuals to find something worth reading, and I think it would be best if "worth reading" was something each user could determine for himself.

Yes, this could stifle actual meaningful discussion, facilitate fragmentation of the community, and reinforce existing narrow-minded views, but it's not like we're going anywhere as it is.

"Safety" is relative

#6 2014-04-12 18:30:05

poor

I am Poor, necromancer of posts!

In all seriousness, this really does seem needed for several people to keep their sanity whenever a certain individual posts.

"Safety" is relative

#7 2014-04-12 18:42:49

crazyace

poor wrote:

In all seriousness, this really does seem needed for several people to keep their sanity whenever a certain individual posts.

There is 2 people on this game that make 30 forums a month. The Necromancer of Posts. Everyone gets an opinion even if yours is wrong. Why can't we ignore you? Don't make poor angry he stabs people with pencils.

#8 2014-04-12 18:43:44

Lord0fHam

crazyace wrote:
poor wrote:

There is 2 people on this game that make 30 forums a month. The Necromancer of Posts. Everyone gets an opinion even if yours is wrong. Why can't we ignore you? Don't make poor angry he stabs people with pencils.

What the fuck are you talking about?

It's a trap!

#9 2014-04-12 18:59:23

cullman

Lord0fHam wrote:
crazyace wrote:
poor wrote:

What the fuck are you talking about?

I'm convinced crazyace speaks perfect english but he translates all his posts using google translate into Russian then back to English again before posting them up here.

Board footer