The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-07 23:05:26

Lord0fHam

The ultimate secret to making a house stand up to 2k suicide robbers

There is only one thing you have to do. Create a trap that kills the robber before he gets a chance to use his tools. My 2k house has never been broken, and always gets over 10k before I upgrade (for this reason I won't share it). There are many ways to do this, the easiest being a timer or magic dance. Try it out! If anyone wants to share ideas or ask question, I'm sure the community here will be glad to help.

It's a trap!

#2 2014-04-08 00:41:26

xandalis

Re: The ultimate secret to making a house stand up to 2k suicide robbers

Magic dances+secondary combo locks seem to work nicely too, once they're set up. Get the combo wrong, doesn't matter if you know the dance. Get the combo right... you still might get the dance wrong. Add in a costly-to-bypass/disable commit gate before all that, and bam: meatgrinder. Especially if you make it all look flimsy/easy to defeat.

#3 2014-04-08 20:23:50

HardKor

I've become a fan of using traps that require wire cutters because 2Ks rarely have them

#4 2014-04-08 21:32:31

Lord0fHam

Another good way to do this that i just remembered is paradox circuits.

It's a trap!

#5 2014-04-09 00:49:23

HardKor

although expensive, I've never seen anyone get past a powered door except by randomly guessing the right path/combo/trigger.

#6 2014-04-09 01:15:06

xandalis

HardKor wrote:

although expensive, I've never seen anyone get past a powered door except by randomly guessing the right path/combo/trigger.

Depends on how it's placed. Poor power hookups can make them much cheaper to bypass/disable than tackling the door directly. Or unexpected/planned for pet movement can ruin your whole day if someone jigs in a direction you didn't account for. But as far as intimidation factor goes, a closed powered door gives me the willies. At least depending on where it is. I've seen a few uses where there's nothing but a dead end and a generator powering the door in the dead end. Of course you only get to find out it's a bluff after you've blown the tools to get a look behind the door.

Board footer