The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-11 00:40:21

Pohaku

Mr Ernst, his bounty, and his cousin Mr Beall.

Mr Ernst, somewhat ridiculously, has been in the top three houses for almost a week. There have been only two people pay real interest - Mr Longoria, who has spent a few thousand dollars on tools and scouted around a third of my house, and somebody using two suicide accounts to come twice a day and get a little bit further before dying. I don't know if those two accounts belong to somebody with an existing house too or not.

Last night, Mr Case paid a visit. $21,000 in tools on his first real visit, and it paid off as he took both vault and wife. I am somewhat suspicious that he didn't even take a 3-step look inside before coming in with tools, and wonder if maybe he's used an alt account to get a feel for my house before coming in. However, having said that he didn't use any of the information that previous scouts have gained, as he sawed, shot, and blasted his way to the vault! Given the prize, it was worth spending so much on tools. He DID seem to know where on the map my vault was going to be, though.

I am surprised it took so long - at the end of this post is a link to the Castledraft of my house, and as you can see it is not especially lethal.  Tool-free it is difficult to solve, with multiple choices and alternative vault locations all around. It had been robbed twice before, once by Pumaroma (I think) and then by Mr Estes who (I think) might have been Pumaroma again! The vault was in different locations on each time, so if that was you both times, well done Pumaroma.

However, with his wife dead, Mr Ernst is finished.  He has committed quite a few successful robberies, and I am not sure what his bounty will be - I am guessing at $20,000, though I could be a few thousand out.

Mr Ernst has a cousin - Mr Beall - who is my alt account.  Mr Beall built his house on the back of a successful $12.5k suicide robbery a week or so back. Mr Ernst will NOT be dumping his bounty in Mr Beall's house.

The bit that might be of interest to you - later today, Mr Ernst is going to try a gung-ho, tool-free robbery on one of the houses he has been scouting this last week. It is very likely that he will die and leave the bounty there.  I will pick the house at random, and some of the potential victims are in the $5-$8,000 range... so keep an eye on any medium houses suddenly leaping to the front page.

Here's Ernst's map: http://castledraft.com/editor/voaonH

The only thing different is that immediately before the vault, after the third set of doors, I had installed another powered trapdoor that would only work if you got the magic dance correct, meaning you'd need an extra ladder if you used one to get across the first trapdoor.  Any questions about the house welcome, I like explaining how stuff is solved and what it does.

#2 2014-05-11 09:56:36

Pumaroma

Re: Mr Ernst, his bounty, and his cousin Mr Beall.

That was indeed me both times. Very clever with the alt locations. I made it close to the vault agian a day or 2 ago. THen you changed the path a bit which set me back. sad

#3 2014-05-11 11:52:25

Pohaku

That was you that got to the 3-choice trapdoors, bricked two of the doors and fell in the hole? You couldn't have known, but you chose the right one of three - I had installed enough sets of doors that you didn't get to see it, though!  It was you that prompted me to put an extra powered trapdoor up there because I knew you'd be back with ladders... and as for changing the path, yeah I threw a pitbull loop into the mix but I knew it was only a temporary measure that might keep you at bay for another 24 hours.

Have a crack at Beall. It's a harder house than Ernst's, that still has around 40% empty floor space, yet to be filled - bring me bounties and tools!!!

#4 2014-05-11 14:58:17

Pumaroma

ya that was me that jumped in the hole sad.

i will certainly take a crack at beall then. I just like robbing. I have like 4 house drafts that have never been broken but i get bored 2 weeks in and start robbing then i die and lose my house.

#5 2014-05-12 11:25:53

Pumaroma

well mr. beall just stepped my house. only had about a 2.4k value

Also no where near being completed

Last edited by Pumaroma (2014-05-12 11:26:10)

#6 2014-05-12 12:36:25

Pohaku

Which one is yours now? Beall is being rather cautious with robberies - his house had a clever entrance trap, but was very vulnerable to brute forcing if anybody solved that. He's been spending on upgrading walls etc, and hasn't got the cash to to do any sophisticated tooled robberies yet!  Current value is $8k, but I have a $7.4k upgrade to make before I am happy - but I can't do that because I need more than $600 in the vault to entice people in!

#7 2014-05-12 13:11:11

Pumaroma

haha i'll post the entrance for you once i make a few more upgrades. I've been in beal's entrance a few times. i think i have it figuered out finally

#8 2014-05-12 13:40:31

Pohaku

The furthest anyone has got from the doormat is three steps. I get excited when I see a tape with 49 or 83 on it, only to see them go back and forth on the first space before leaving!

Board footer