The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-12 09:39:40

Degen

Backpack = Rainy Day fund?

This isn't covered in the wiki, so I figured I'd ask before I learn the hard way.

If you get robbed while you are out, and you have tools in your backpack, do you still have those tools when you re-enter your house? I know they automatically show up in my vault, but am I putting them there when I come back in, or are they vulnerable if not being actively used in another house?

I've taken to "sitting outside my house with a backpack full of tools" just in case someone comes through and wipes me out. But I wonder if that is in vain and if I should just cash in those tools for home improvement funds.

Thanks,
D-Gen

#2 2014-05-12 09:41:16

TheRealCheese

Re: Backpack = Rainy Day fund?

I think there is a time limit to how long you can do that, but not entirely sure. I'd still say you are better off spending the money on improvements, untill you can no longer improve, then you buy paintings and use tools to scout other houses.

#3 2014-05-12 15:06:05

Pohaku

Re: Backpack = Rainy Day fund?

I think it's something a five minute limit - if you haven't entered another house with those tools in your backpack within five minutes, they return to your vault.

I had the same thoughts when I began on the game, thinking I could keep some money safe in my backpack overnight!  Nope.

Board footer