The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-29 21:48:02

cullman

Who is Pepin, and is he a map hacker?

EOM

#2 2014-12-30 00:14:27

JAAM

Re: Who is Pepin, and is he a map hacker?

yeah your pepin i do hate that design something interesting going on in that entrance and i cant figure it out. i swear that dog commit at the end of the entrance is a fake...

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#3 2014-12-30 00:19:35

cullman

Glad I asked. Yes it is a recycled design, one that can be made a lot tougher if I had a little more money. You got there with very few tools (though far more than 2k, in fact I think you used about $4k retail of tools to get $5k ( granted it wasn't my most hardened version of that map. Anyway, nice robbery. Please accept my apology for any insinuation of cheating.

I think I keep creating that map cause I want to see someone start to crack even a part of it with a few tools. I think it's reasonably hard to figure out to solve toollessly even if I posted the whole map.

#4 2014-12-30 00:21:51

JAAM

any clue on your name? id love to take a peek. Just a peek of corse because for the first time in a month i have a stable house im determined not to lose.

#5 2014-12-30 02:13:18

JAAM

それはトラップである wrote:
JAAM wrote:

yeah your pepin i do hate that design something interesting going on in that entrance and i cant figure it out. i swear that dog commit at the end of the entrance is a fake...

At least it is more interesting than some damn linear magic dance or combo lock. Makes for more variation on the tapes.

Agreed its very different. and i like it but damn so much going on. im trying something new have a little house up that gives you a nice clean shot at the vault (or did until a recent update) through several powered doors with toggle switches on em and a little death trap that goes down into the rest of the house. The results are amazing. Everybody is too scared of those doors to pass them strait to my vault. I guess i could have hooked up some memory circuit or something to trap them but it was too irritating to make so i left it out as sort of a decoy. everyone took the bait. most flee into the trap and die there. The vault was visible from the damn door mat and everyone ignored the safe rout. i've actually incorporated another way through to the vault just to give the people a chance. and if you have a decent bit of cash and hate combo-locks as much as the next person you should trash Robles place, The place is one massive combo lock split into several sections. I give him an E for efficiency but dang its like a noob's starter house on crack. The thing needs to be removed entirely from the server for good.

#6 2014-12-30 07:53:51

eppfel
Website

The Pepin design was around for some time now, right? Until now I was too lazy to figure out the entrance.

JAAM wrote:

im trying something new have a little house up that gives you a nice clean shot at the vault (or did until a recent update) through several powered doors with toggle switches on em and a little death trap that goes down into the rest of the house.

If your house crawls with chiwas and cats, I think I got to your vault just now. But $1000 is not worth robbing, so I left it intact. It was great fun solving it! I think there should be more designs that rely on some trickery, but are not just uncrackable like Smith was.

Last edited by eppfel (2014-12-30 07:54:41)

#7 2014-12-30 10:12:33

JAAM

eppfel wrote:

The Pepin design was around for some time now, right? Until now I was too lazy to figure out the entrance.

JAAM wrote:

im trying something new have a little house up that gives you a nice clean shot at the vault (or did until a recent update) through several powered doors with toggle switches on em and a little death trap that goes down into the rest of the house.

If your house crawls with chiwas and cats, I think I got to your vault just now. But $1000 is not worth robbing, so I left it intact. It was great fun solving it! I think there should be more designs that rely on some trickery, but are not just uncrackable like Smith was.

Yep that was me some nice scouting you did there i knew that dog was clubbable but hadnt yet aquired the fund to fix it so i left it there otherwise that scouting trip would have been much shorter. The final room was kinda just a whim i had its not necessary giant waste of space thats only just deadly if you screw it up. Those were some fun videos to watch though and i will have to throw in some new upgrades before i get any more cash and you decide to rob me

#8 2014-12-30 10:42:47

eppfel
Website

JAAM wrote:

Yep that was me some nice scouting you did there i knew that dog was clubbable but hadnt yet aquired the fund to fix it so i left it there otherwise that scouting trip would have been much shorter. The final room was kinda just a whim i had its not necessary giant waste of space thats only just deadly if you screw it up.

The dog can still be clubbed. And the pet room was a lot of fun, so no waste at all wink

Last edited by eppfel (2014-12-30 10:43:01)

#9 2014-12-30 10:47:28

JAAM

eppfel wrote:
JAAM wrote:

Yep that was me some nice scouting you did there i knew that dog was clubbable but hadnt yet aquired the fund to fix it so i left it there otherwise that scouting trip would have been much shorter. The final room was kinda just a whim i had its not necessary giant waste of space thats only just deadly if you screw it up.

The dog can still be clubbed. And the pet room was a lot of fun, so no waste at all wink

curses i just watched that i would have sworn it was fixed humph ill have to test it more next time.

Fixed for good this time not sure though i think it may be possible to just hit that dog with a meat and escape but it dosent help you get anything

Btw what was my name?

Last edited by JAAM (2014-12-30 14:33:57)

#10 2014-12-31 23:20:03

JAAM

それはトラップである wrote:
JAAM wrote:

Btw what was my name?

Christopher Brian Evans

Yeah when i asked for my name you didn't need to launch a full scale attack against my house congrats though your the 2nd to make it. Might need to reinforce it somehow but i still don't think you got your tools worth back considering that was almost all cash. Not sure if i should be pleased someone figured it out or upset that it was that easy. either way nice job. I think i have the funds to patch it up but i may leave it for now until i feel focused enough to. it'll be up again soon though i promise that. not enough funds to change it again though. Humph.

#11 2015-01-01 10:41:49

JAAM

それはトラップである wrote:

It is doing good business as a broken house since there is now no way to get beyond the pit short of explosives x 2 or a ladder. Most of the tools were dropped in my house so I ended up breaking even more or less. My design tends to garner a lot of tools from $2K robbers.

Yeah i was wondering about how it might do broken ill let it gather a few decent bounties before going back and fixing it up.
Your house probobly rakes in all of the tools from 2k scouters who can't make it past that entrance. lots of dog meat i suppose in my case i always tried bricks but they didnt seem to work either.

#12 2015-01-02 09:35:31

JAAM

is this how its going to be? right after i fix my house yo come in to wreck it mostly for spite? i fix my house you will burst in and wreck it to get to my vault?
you even opened up a path so leaving it broken isn't viable. that was a lot of tools to burn in hopes to find my vault succesfully. and next time if you make it could you not burn off the rest of your tools on my pets? i already rebuilt so i guess you can walk in and do it tooless this time if you want but its not worth the large quantity that you bring in regularly.

#13 2015-01-06 02:00:19

Passive

それはトラップである wrote:

Someday I will screw up and someone will get my massive bounty. Or worst case, I die in a self-test. Until then, you know where I live.

Pepin dead? Can't see him and there is a design that looks like a rehash?

#14 2015-01-09 05:45:41

eppfel
Website

Yeah, saw it, too. I'm confident he is a reincarnation.

Board footer