The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-09-22 06:05:22

GotABigTrap

Re: Henson Robbed!!!

Yeah it is hilarious! Long live henson.

#52 2015-09-22 06:38:13

GotABigTrap

joshwithguitar wrote:

Good job! I'm surprised it ended up taking so long for anyone to get it considering how long it had been since any major changes. Funny thing is that one of my most recent changes intended to throw people off worked against me and the dance you did was different to the one I do. I've fixed it now (just deleted one tile) so would be interested to know if you can figure it out now.

It's funny how many times your main has died in my house while Henson lives on tongue.

I just tried it successfully and suicided at your vault.  When you mentioned that you changed one tile, I knew exactly what it was because it actually didn't make any sense to me so I figured it was not intentional.

The electronics in there is sufficiently complicated that even with everything laid out in front of you in castledraft, it is not entirely obvious what the heck you are supposed to do.  It looks like you have two paradox circuits on the bottom and you change the electronics to switch between them at a particular step.  Looking at it definitely gave me some direction; however, most progress I made simply by re-creating it with no pets and then running around hitting button and looking at the door.  Once I figured out what needed to be done, it was just figuring out how to transition the state from the initial state to the desired state without choosing death.  I literally had a replicated map with light floors and all the pets and everything and had to try it over and over to figure it out.  It involved complex pet mechanics, complex state transitions, and complex electronics all together.  What really made it difficult was just that it was very hard to judge how things appeared initially if you were to break into it and look at it.  Plus- there was a lot to look at.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-09-22 06:41:54)

#53 2015-09-22 19:08:42

GotABigTrap

lmao sorry I was just exploring and I accidentally took the safe when I meant to do a santa run

#54 2015-09-29 08:34:10

mala

nice job man, i've tried numerous time to solve that damn dance, i created a copy of it and solved the whole lower section (i've shifted pets with walls to make it easy to understand), but i've never had a chance to look properly the northern wiring.

the upper dog kept opening the door every time and i've never got a grasp on it's mechanic.

@joshwithguitar will you release the map now?

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#55 2016-06-29 07:31:21

LordSora

Ok. Time for a positive post. This was actually legit awesome. Congratz. I got some ideas and used this in my future houses. Cool big_smile

Board footer