The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-20 09:37:50

mala

Luna's Park Grand Opening

Ladies and Gentlemen we're pleased to welcome you at the grand opening party of the:

*_* ... "EDWARD PAUL LUNA'S PARK" ... *_*

wNzjcpA.jpg

amazing attractions will entertain you and your families all day long, amusement guaranteed for all ages,

Here's a sneaky peak at some of our newest attractions:

For the braves, who dare to face peril:

UyOuTP9.jpg

but we do not forget our little guests:

PkYX0z4.jpg

This and much more awaits you at the "Edward Paul Luna's Park"

Come and have fun*, we're always open big_smile

* Caution is advised, by reading this sentence, you are legally discharging the owner of any responsibility for damages to peoples and/or personal properties that may occur during the visits.

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#2 2014-05-20 10:43:12

Pumaroma

Re: Luna's Park Grand Opening

rofl nicely done

#3 2014-05-20 11:48:41

GotABigTrap

Here's my review...

1/5 stars.  First of all, this place reeks of animal cruelty.  From what I can tell, the cats are very unhappy as they will try to escape, potentially locking you inside the cage.   Extremely dangerous floors.  This park is not fun for the whole family.  I can tell you from experience that this place is probably plagued with poor electrical wiring.  The wires seem crossed and buttons DO NOT work as expected.

#4 2014-05-20 11:54:48

Pumaroma

I apparently have visited this place, I found it to be unmemorable. I will have to return and see if management has made any improvements.

#5 2014-05-20 16:18:35

mala

GotABigTrap wrote:

Here's my review...

1/5 stars.  First of all, this place reeks of animal cruelty.  From what I can tell, the cats are very unhappy as they will try to escape,

nah, they're just shy, and they tend to run away as they saw someone new.

GotABigTrap wrote:

I can tell you from experience that this place is probably plagued with poor electrical wiring.  The wires seem crossed and buttons DO NOT work as expected

i can assure you they're doing their job as intended big_smile i've put aside the clock for this design, and focused on driving people crazy!

no ticks, just tricks big_smile

Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#6 2014-05-20 17:04:11

GotABigTrap

Review  of luna park 5/5 Stars!

The previous reviewer seems to have been driven mad by Luna parks many cats.  My only complaint is there is way too many cats.  Is it possible that the creator favors cats?  Yes the buttons seem fine, previous reviewer may have not understood the button configuration because he was confused by the cats.  I am not confused by cats.

#7 2014-05-20 19:01:19

mala

GotABigTrap wrote:

Review  of luna park 5/5 Stars!

The previous reviewer seems to have been driven mad by Luna parks many cats.  My only complaint is there is way too many cats.  Is it possible that the creator favors cats?  Yes the buttons seem fine, previous reviewer may have not understood the button configuration because he was confused by the cats.  I am not confused by cats.

Thanks big_smile i saw you entering the park, and i'm glad to hear you liked it.

to thrill you a little bit more, i can give you proofs that your complain about cats outnumbering dogs, has been quite hasty...

one of our fellow neighbor: Robert Erwin Kirby, after his 4th visit, finally decided to take a look at another great attraction of the park:

"The Cutehuahuas"

8Wzm2QO.png

3 Chihuahuas cubs, so cute, that will make you tear sugar cubes.
They are way more friendly than the cats at the entrance, they will follow you whenever you want and make you wish to never leave the park.

And so did Mr. Kirby, he's still playing around with them... somewhere...
I want to assure his family and his friends that he's completely fine, he said he'll be back as soon as he gets tired of those supercute pups.

So folks... what are you waiting for? Fun and safety* are just behind the corner

In your neighborhood: the amazing "Edward Paul Luna's Park", now with a 5 stars review big_smile

Last edited by mala (2014-05-20 19:04:16)

#8 2014-05-20 19:23:53

Cylence

I stopped by just now on one life. Didn't map anything. You are around 6k, so I might start. Just wanted to check out the place. Awesome post by the way, I like the intro, font and all the graphics smile.

Used a ladder to check right and take a look at the chihuahuas. Then went north to say hello to the dogs who close doors. big_smile

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#9 2014-05-20 19:33:52

mala

Cylence wrote:

I stopped by just now on one life. Didn't map anything. You are around 6k, so I might start. Just wanted to check out the place. Awesome post by the way, I like the intro, font and all the graphics smile.

Used a ladder to check right and take a look at the chihuahuas. Then went north to say hello to the dogs who close doors. big_smile

i was looking at you trying the entrance practically live-streamed.
i love how surveillance tapes are now entertaining compared to my previous house (7 step average, efficient but boring) now i'm getting 100+ step videos and lots of them are hilarious big_smile

I'm sorry for such a premature ending of your visit, but that sir was a private area, you need a special pass to get through wink
the park is still under construction, maybe in the future that area will be more accessible than it is right now, who knows...

Last edited by mala (2014-05-20 19:34:52)

#10 2014-05-21 17:08:30

mala

we've got our first serious visitor, came in with more than 6k of tools, and made a mess with the animals...

yi967LX.png

someone from the forum? judging from the step he took, that was his first visit, so i'm wondering why he was so well geared.

btw... that's not how you are supposed to play with the pets... big_smile

mjkZNpi.png

Last edited by mala (2014-05-21 17:12:33)

#11 2014-05-21 22:56:21

GotABigTrap

Luna park review 2/5 cats

I just got back from robbing a house worth about 5k which was like ALL tools.  Not enough to build with so I decided to take it all to Luna park.  Sadly I had just a random selection of tools.  Only one ladder and one explosive will not really get you to the good exhibits without some advanced knowledge of the maps secrets.  I thought I disarmed the cats with a brick, but then to my surprise, one of the cats let the dog out.  My plan had been completely ruined by this cat.  A tip to future visitors, don't be confused by the cats.  At this point, I was super angry so I decided to lash out and kill as many pets as possible.  Killing the pets gave me an idea, I would blast through the wall and play with the chiwawas.  I tried to lead the chiwawas out front so that they could hit the buttons for me, but I couldn't figure out a way.  Stupid chiwawas.  I checked the upward path and found nothing of interest up there either!  Luna park, you need to get your act together, this place is starting to look like just another Geyer or Jenson map.

#12 2014-05-22 05:00:04

mala

GotABigTrap wrote:

Luna park review 2/5 cats

I just got back from robbing a house worth about 5k which was like ALL tools.  Not enough to build with so I decided to take it all to Luna park.  Sadly I had just a random selection of tools.  Only one ladder and one explosive will not really get you to the good exhibits without some advanced knowledge of the maps secrets.  I thought I disarmed the cats with a brick, but then to my surprise, one of the cats let the dog out.  My plan had been completely ruined by this cat.  A tip to future visitors, don't be confused by the cats.  At this point, I was super angry so I decided to lash out and kill as many pets as possible.  Killing the pets gave me an idea, I would blast through the wall and play with the chiwawas.  I tried to lead the chiwawas out front so that they could hit the buttons for me, but I couldn't figure out a way.  Stupid chiwawas.  I checked the upward path and found nothing of interest up there either!  Luna park, you need to get your act together, this place is starting to look like just another Geyer or Jenson map.

disarm the cats? what for? they don't even move if you leave the cage closed, but if you start smashing windows... big_smile

as you saw the entrance pose no threat to the visitors, so you can just walk in, play a bit, exit and retry.
Yesterday someone's got it for the first time and went a little bit further. it was his 7th consecutively try, and he has never being in danger while messing with the pets big_smile

#13 2014-05-22 10:31:35

gyuri

mala wrote:

Yesterday someone's got it for the first time and went a little bit further. it was his 7th consecutively try, and he has never being in danger while messing with the pets big_smile

Was it someone who sent one cat north? I've been there and saw cats and two corridors and that reminded me of my last house back in those days...

#14 2014-05-22 14:05:24

ack2000

Been there twice once north and once east but i was denied further passage i am guessing i didn't buy the luxury tour ticket :'(

#15 2014-05-22 16:49:57

mala

ack2000 wrote:

Been there twice once north and once east but i was denied further passage i am guessing i didn't buy the luxury tour ticket :'(

you just have to understand that for safety and security reasons not everyone is allowed to go everywhere wink

gyuri wrote:
mala wrote:

Was it someone who sent one cat north? I've been there and saw cats and two corridors and that reminded me of my last house back in those days...

don't know which house you're referring to, but this time i've got inspired by Cylence house concept, small deadly minigames made to drive you nuts, and i'm really enjoying the security tapes.

it's funny to see how peoples react to a variation of a well known trap, my entrance has a simple 2 ways dog commit gate, by adding a couple of wires/buttons, 8/10 robbers gets so confused that end up killing themselves while crossing something they cross basically each and everyday big_smile

Edit.

we've noticed that most of our guests are having trouble finding their way into the park, we apologize for every inconvenience, we'll try to be more clear next time.

To improve your experience here at the park we've removed a couple of doors to allow a better comprehension of the tour direction.

We are also opening a cultural section dedicated to art.
Here you can take a sneak peek of the first masterpiece of our collection

THKaTPx.png

Have Fun and play safely

Mr. Edward Paul Luna

Last edited by mala (2014-05-22 18:01:09)

#16 2014-05-22 21:07:59

Cylence

mala wrote:

This was probably me. I tend to visit multiple times if allowed. I think I accidentally ran into a dog at the end though. big_smile

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#17 2014-05-23 04:55:59

mala

removing those doors has been really helpful, 3 peoples in a row passed the first exhibit area big_smile

edit. i've also got the fastest death ever here at the park (7 steps), guy came in with 2k toolset, and walk straight into an active grid big_smile

Last edited by mala (2014-05-23 05:08:09)

#18 2014-05-23 06:20:38

mala

peoples please, stop hanging yourselves inside the cat cage

h6iSNkJ.png

no wonder they look scared when someone enters the room...

#19 2014-05-23 11:00:44

tigerbalm immunity

it's funny, because your entrance Really Does feel like an amusement attraction.  So many fun pets and toys to scatter all over with relative freedom truly is refreshing when compared to he 1-step commits of most houses without family.  I only have my main acct, but i watched a friend play with your cats yesterday, and while he didn't use any method or really even attempt to be productive or educate himself, it was still really entertaining. 

very well done.
Sincerely,
Owner of a Boring Magic Dance Entrance...

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

#20 2014-05-23 13:45:18

mala

tigerbalm immunity wrote:

it's funny, because your entrance Really Does feel like an amusement attraction.  So many fun pets and toys to scatter all over with relative freedom truly is refreshing when compared to he 1-step commits of most houses without family.  I only have my main acct, but i watched a friend play with your cats yesterday, and while he didn't use any method or really even attempt to be productive or educate himself, it was still really entertaining. 

very well done.
Sincerely,
Owner of a Boring Magic Dance Entrance...

he must be one of the guys who entered the house with a brick, smashed the windows, set all the cats free, chased them for a while and than left big_smile

they showed absolutely no interest for the solution and/or the money, they were just having fun and i've liked it.
maybe one day i'll give easier access to the chihuahuas, just to give newcomers something else to play with.

Last edited by mala (2014-05-23 15:02:19)

#21 2014-05-25 07:05:17

mala

joining the art related section of the park:

AdNWB52.png

#22 2014-05-25 16:24:55

bigSadFace

I will make a donation this evening to the park.  Would you be able to let me know the size of the donation I made?  I think it should be around $53,000 bounty.

Donald David Johnson

Last edited by bigSadFace (2014-05-25 16:25:44)

#23 2014-05-25 16:43:05

mala

bigSadFace wrote:

I will make a donation this evening to the park.  Would you be able to let me know the size of the donation I made?  I think it should be around $53,000 bounty.

Donald David Johnson

omg, thanks big_smile

i'm not prepared for such money,

btw...

WVB29fM.png

now i'm topping the list with 60-70k big_smile

really curious about the reasons behind the donation

edit. down into the first 5, but now the park is fully up and running big_smile

Last edited by mala (2014-05-25 19:42:16)

#24 2014-05-25 23:08:25

bigSadFace

mala wrote:
bigSadFace wrote:

Donald David Johnson

omg, thanks big_smile

i'm not prepared for such money,

btw...

http://i.imgur.com/WVB29fM.png

now i'm topping the list with 60-70k big_smile

really curious about the reasons behind the donation

edit. down into the first 5, but now the park is fully up and running big_smile

Blip relieved me of my vault contents and gallery.  I do not have an alt account to dump the bounty onto.  I decided to make a donation to the most interesting house on the list and this was this.  I hope you are now able to finish the park and open up all of the attractions.

#25 2014-05-26 06:34:16

mala

bigSadFace wrote:

Blip relieved me of my vault contents and gallery.  I do not have an alt account to dump the bounty onto.  I decided to make a donation to the most interesting house on the list and this was this.  I hope you are now able to finish the park and open up all of the attractions.

Thanks for such compliment big_smile

well, the money was more than enough to finish the park, now i just need to acquire some art to lure the sharks.

This house is so different from my previous one, i'm really thrilled to see people getting deeper every day.

(even if lately, everyone seems to be more interested in playing with the pets than getting to the vault big_smile)

Board footer