The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-14 11:35:54

jasonrohrer
Administrator

72 active players

There were 72 active players in the past 24 hours.

The last time we had this many active players was in Februrary of 2015, Almost two years ago.

Furthermore, there are currently 68 real, non-abandoned houses on the list.

Yes, the house list is padded out to 100, but only 32 abandoned houses are needed for that padding.  The rest are REAL.

#2 2017-11-14 12:01:03

Leveller

Re: 72 active players

Will you keep padding out houses as they are robbed?    smile  Also awesome news.

I will hijack this thread and ad the Discord i have setup.

https://discord.gg/vTBxTkZ    Jason will be moderator if he decides to join in.     (Text and voicechat for those who wants)

#3 2017-11-14 17:05:04

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Okay, I joined.

Needs a logo and such.

#4 2017-11-15 05:27:43

Leveller

jasonrohrer wrote:

Okay, I joined.

Needs a logo and such.

Done and you are added as admin with me.  You now have the priveledges to change all server-related stuff, mute, kick, ban etc etc the shabang.

#5 2017-11-15 07:01:25

voxel

Wow, I'd given up hope of the game reviving.
Back in Feb 2015 we might have had that many players log in, but I don't think we had near that many houses.
I was attracted back to TCD by the first email Jason sent, on the chill timer, and have been playing since. It's still addictive even with only a few houses

Cordial Minuet badly needs a discord server, it's currently unplayable without arranging games. The other webchat we had was pretty bad and you had to keep a tab open, while discord has achieved critical mass to avoid that.

#6 2017-11-15 07:40:45

jere

^Good idea. I know there is a One Hour One Life discord (though I never played).

It would be cool to have one massive server for all of Jason's games and individual channels for each one. Then even with low player populations people can still chat about whatever and cross pollinate.

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#7 2017-12-03 18:46:15

monkey

Just dropping in to say "Hi"

I absolutely loved Castle Doctrine back in the day, it is the game that gave me the single biggest emotional reaction of any game.

I was playing during a period when there was a massive class division, a few people with successful houses that regularly killed people were (I guess) getting bored with their success and these guys had no problem taking thousands of dollars worth of tools in to rob starter houses for whatever change they had left from $2k, which kinda sucked for anyone trying to get started. Some of these guys though were real jerks who would kill the wife and kids as well. So, I set up a house to deliberately target and kill these jerks and it worked, it collected several five figure and even six figure bounties. I was literally jumping around the house with joy, punching the air watching the replays. Then, after making massive upgrades to the house, I died on my own traps.

Anyway, to those like myself who have come back for another look after Jason's mailout, I want to say - be careful out there, I took a screenshot of my jerk-killer house back in the day, and now it is rebuilt and back in action. big_smile

Board footer