The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-23 07:05:16

SmokestormX

Your House is Being Robbed... For AGES!

What are they doing in there? It's just a small house, been unable to return home for a very long time.

Paranoia starts to kick in, they are destroying everything!! No No, it'll be OK...

Anyone else had longer robberies this patch?

#2 2013-06-23 07:09:00

jere

Re: Your House is Being Robbed... For AGES!

They are surveying your house and sometimes being very careful about it. Sometimes people will dance back and forth waiting for dogs to come out. Sometimes they will backtrack repeatedly.

Also, it could be multiple people (or the same person) coming in repeatedly and you just aren't hitting "return to house" in the very short time in between.

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#3 2013-06-23 07:11:31

colorfusion

Yeah, it can be pretty annoying when you've just got a good amount of cash to work on your house with and someone is taking forever robbing it.

Might not be worth coding but it would be pretty cool if we could peek in on our house and see exactly what the robber is doing in real time.

#4 2013-06-23 07:12:41

bey bey

Had that same issue, idk why. But there seemed to be intense fluctuation on the server, every refresh (and I was just going clicketyclick) had houses appear and disappear.

Also: I'm all good on ladders now, so if people could bring nukes from now on? Much appreciated.

In fact you can be batman.
(if he robbed houses and murdered families.)
- Dalleck

#5 2013-06-23 07:15:00

bey bey

colorfusion wrote:

Yeah, it can be pretty annoying when you've just got a good amount of cash to work on your house with and someone is taking forever robbing it.

Might not be worth coding but it would be pretty cool if we could peek in on our house and see exactly what the robber is doing in real time.

OH THAT WOULD BE BRILLIANT!! Just two buttons: "Watch robbery" (which would just give you his perspective and make you return to the house immediately upon the end of the robbery) and "Return to house list".

Huh, sadly though, it's impossible since robberies are played in the client and not on the server. Bummer.

In fact you can be batman.
(if he robbed houses and murdered families.)
- Dalleck

#6 2013-06-23 14:08:28

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Smokestorm:

Your house came back to you eventually, right?

And were you able to watch a tape and see a really long robbery?

#7 2013-06-23 17:49:43

largestherb

i've definitely noticed that if you have two accounts, rob your own house with one and just close the client, you will not be able to return to that house until that old robbery has timed out, or you log back in your other account to start fresh.

#8 2013-06-23 18:11:01

jere

i've definitely noticed that if you have two accounts, rob your own house with one

ಠ_ಠ

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#9 2013-06-24 09:22:51

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yeah, but that's just a 5-minute timeout... not THAT long.  You could also sit in the middle of a robbery and go away from keyboard for that long before being force-killed in the robbery.

Jere:  this was something that I was worried about from day one with this design.  Thus, the player anonymity, etc.  Chills on houses that you die in will further help with this problem (get a second account and die in your house a few times to give your other account lots of free tools to sell).

#10 2013-06-24 12:18:04

SmokestormX

Actually , I was being robbed for about 5-8 minutes, when i got back in , there were no tapes at all. No one had been in. But it kept giving me the message that I was being robbed. Do tapes catch everything now? Or are there still some cases where I don't see anything?

#11 2013-06-24 13:42:17

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Hmmm.... tapes catch everything now except the case where the robber just stands on the mat and leaves.

Sounds like the player may have quit mid-robbery.  In that case, there is a 5-minute timeout before they are force-killed, and no log is saved (because they quit before the log is even sent).

Board footer