The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-06 20:00:04

Nystical

Additional Ideas for things to purchase

0) Massive Item shop re-work idea

Instead of just buying the items at the same price/same availability every time, there is a shop with a name (like gregory jones' stuff or something)

every 2 hours, there could be a new "special offer"

a special offer could be 1/2 off of a normal item

but it could also be enhanced versions of the regular item, like a golden crowbar that has 4 uses and 6 times the cost or something similar. this could help with OP 9 walled/9 trapped homes that require brute-forcing

1) Bigger House

Maybe allow people to buy bigger houses at a massive cost? (like 8x8 squares or something?) Currently it would be pretty OP, but with buy able maps of homes it should still be fine.

2) Titles!

Allow players to buy "official" titles such as Sir, Dr. the third, Esquire, etc.

3) Marriage

Allow players to get married and have two new children (you must pay for a full wedding... maybe around 20k?)

obviously this will be more useful when families avoid the robber/can go through doors themselves/can hide

4) Life insurance

allow players to buy a life insurance plan

example: you pay 10k, initial insurance payment (if the family member dies without surviving any robbery attempts) is 5k, and after each sucessful robbery/another family member dies/robber dies, the money you get back goes up and up to a limit of double the initial 10k.

#2 2013-04-07 02:13:36

Wyld Stallyn
Website

Re: Additional Ideas for things to purchase

I want the golden crowbars to cost at least 2000$ or something. tongue This OP shit has to carry severe monetary penalties with it, not only to make overwhelming cheaper households unattractive. Would make it less OP than maps too. I actually like that idea.

Gold is not a good idea though. It's not the toughest material. Maybe a diamond crowbar!

The life insurance idea is nice too, but there should be a maximum limit and I don't think it should go beyond that when you make it through more robberies.

Have no opinion on the rest.

Last edited by Wyld Stallyn (2013-04-07 02:16:00)

Board footer