The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-03 09:21:01

sergio

Starting money not enough to make any defence

With the current pricing, it is impossible to make a sensible house with 2k. I *never* had this behavior before, but the way things are set up, I am starting to basically buy 2k of tools and try my luck at the top ranking house. Usually I die, then I go for the 2nd best, etc until there are no more good houses, so I just quit the game and repeat the process.

#2 2013-09-03 16:56:39

joshwithguitar

Re: Starting money not enough to make any defence

As it is currently set up you can actually do quite a bit with 2k. This becomes harder if you want to start with a two dog family defence but defending the family is an easy way to make money even if your vault is not too hard to get to and you can also choose to abandon your family and just spend starting cash on vault defence. Wooden walls and electric floors are quite powerful for their cost and can easily be used to scare people off. In general I find starting in the current setup much easier than it has been in the past.

#3 2013-09-03 19:25:03

largestherb

Re: Starting money not enough to make any defence

sergio wrote:

With the current pricing, it is impossible to make a sensible house with 2k. I *never* had this behavior before, but the way things are set up, I am starting to basically buy 2k of tools and try my luck at the top ranking house. Usually I die, then I go for the 2nd best, etc until there are no more good houses, so I just quit the game and repeat the process.

are we playing the same version? the starting money is not great for buying tools to go robbing but it is actually not that bad for making a wooden fortress with a few deadly dead-ends!

$5 wood and $400 saw is quite .... awesome

Last edited by largestherb (2013-09-03 19:25:33)

Board footer