The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-27 19:10:38

awesomebill

kenneth chad dejesus.....

So I literally spent 5 hours building my base, after i  was lucky enough to get a big bounty from my starter home. Dont know why, but I felt like trying to scout out some homes. Ive been avoiding dejesus's house all day, because he has 2 pitbulls right at the front door. against better judgement, I took one step in a died instantly. This has to be a glitch, how can he get into his own safe if one step in kills you?

Last edited by awesomebill (2013-10-27 19:55:19)

#2 2013-10-27 20:35:56

largestherb

Re: kenneth chad dejesus.....

awesomebill wrote:

So I literally spent 5 hours building my base, after i  was lucky enough to get a big bounty from my starter home. Dont know why, but I felt like trying to scout out some homes. Ive been avoiding dejesus's house all day, because he has 2 pitbulls right at the front door. against better judgement, I took one step in a died instantly. This has to be a glitch, how can he get into his own safe if one step in kills you?

they can't. when you find a house where one move instantly kills you, it means that house has been successfully robbed since the owner last checked it.

they can't spend their money or leave their house until they perform another self-test successfully, but the house will remain on the list in its broken state until the funds reach $0. likely someone got to the vault and dropped a tool or two, keeping it on the list, but rendering it possibly impossible to solve.

#3 2013-10-27 21:08:04

awesomebill

damn, ok thanks for the heads up, ill have to watch out for that. What are the rules for pitbull attacks exactly? It seems like sometimes i can move right next to them and they wont attack, and other times they get me. what gives?

#4 2013-10-28 00:25:14

joshwithguitar

Pit bulls (and other animals) will never move on top of other "mobile" house objects. This includes other pets and their dead bodies, shotguns, shotgun locks and panic buttons. Animals will not move onto a square adjacent to a dead animal unless the robber is on the square.

So, dead animals, shotguns and panic buttons are "safe squares" where a pit bull will never attack you. On the other hand squares adjacent to dead animals may appear safe until you step on them as the pit bull will not step onto it unless you are there.

You can also sometimes move safely past pit bulls by "riding" on  a chihuahua, that is having it move around on the same square as you to prevent pit bulls occupying the same square. You have to be careful though as under some conditions a pit bull will have "right of way" over the chihuahua and occupy your square instead when you move, killing you.

#5 2013-10-28 08:58:12

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Nuances?

Board footer