The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-28 10:00:08

largestherb

House check-in failure after killing a family member

Good gravy! This is the third one of these I have had in two days, I'll go into someone's house, whack a family member over the head, go around damaging the house and then end up killing myself. This then seems to lead to me getting a house check-in failed and all of my hard work breaking the house a bit being lost!

I've emailed two recorded games to Jason, but I was wondering how many other people are witnessing this?

Maybe it has something to do with the server simulation and the rules on whether dogs can step on guns/panic buttons? The house I just had this happen in had a dog next to a gun.

Edit: woow, just got another one just by walking in and leaving a house.. hmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by largestherb (2013-11-28 10:06:36)

#2 2013-11-28 10:06:57

colorfusion

Re: House check-in failure after killing a family member

Perhaps, because you got money and the client requests the damage to be saved, the server is trying to look for a successful vault reach but only has you dying. (Just a guess)

Last edited by colorfusion (2013-11-28 11:27:38)

#3 2013-11-28 11:06:11

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: House check-in failure after killing a family member

We cleared this up by email...

Two instances were due to a modded gameElements folder which didn't incorporated the v25 trapdoor changes, and the other time was likely due to running two clients for the same account in parallel.

Anyway, fair warning:  DON'T RUN PARALLEL CLIENTS FOR THE SAME ACCOUNT!

Clients sign each request to the server with a sequence number that can't be repeated (to avoid replay attacks by people sniffing net traffic).  If you run two clients at the same time for the same account, they will fight over these sequence numbers (one will send message 8956 and then 8957, and the other will still be trying to send 8956, which will be rejected because the server has already seen a request from you with that number), and the likely result will be your death in that account!

Board footer