The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-05 15:40:06

ZenRose

Possible Bug? A question on house states?

I recently saw a house where my interactions weren’t as expected.  I was hoping someone could explain it to me.

But first a brief recap of my understanding of saving the damage to a house.  It happens when a) a family member is killed or b) your safe is robbed.  In the case of a killed family member all damage/changes that occurs even after the family member is killed up to the point where the robber dies or leaves becomes permanent.  Changes that are saved include all damage to non-mobile objects (this includes walls, switches, wires, buttons, etc) and anything that drugged or killed pets or family members.  Dogs that were out of place but not drugged or killed will revert to their initial location.

I encountered a house where a dog walked over a sticking pressure plate which powered an electric floor.  The dog then walked onto the electric floor and was fried.  After that the wife was clubbed and the robber left.  On a second visit I would have expected the wife to be dead, the dog to be dead, the button to be pressed, and the electric floor to be on.  On a second visit the dog was dead on an un-powered electric floor despite the button still being pressed.  It is possible there was more complex circuitry involved would that be possible to explain this effect?

#2 2013-12-06 02:36:59

ukuko

Re: Possible Bug? A question on house states?

Electronics always reset after a robbery. No switches stay switched between visits, even if damage is saved.

#3 2013-12-06 09:49:41

ZenRose

Okay.  Thanks. 
Even sticking pressure switches reset?  It looked like it was still pressed.

#4 2013-12-09 11:19:12

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yes, anything that is not actually "broken" by the robber (or killed, in the case of animals) in some way resets, including sticking pressure switches.

Board footer