The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-23 13:18:56

SnakeAes

Will my download code work on multiple devices?

I have two computers - a desktop and a laptop. They are both used solely by me but because I travel frequently for work, my laptop gets a lot of use. I just purchased TCD because the premise looks amazing and I love games of thought and pressure.

But I just wanted to know, will my download code work more than once?

---
勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。
"Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

#2 2014-01-23 13:21:40

colorfusion

Re: Will my download code work on multiple devices?

Yep. The download codes work on any number of devices, although Jason can see if one code in particular is being used unreasonably (If anyone releases theirs to the public and gets hundreds of downloads).

#3 2014-01-23 14:14:08

DethBringa

Only thing he needs now is ANDROID! Then I can log in from anywhere and watch security tapes of people dying hehehehehe!

If I vanish it's not due to a burglar shooting me as well as my wife while making his way to the vault....
I'm just a burst player.
tongue

#4 2014-01-25 14:24:56

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Also, be careful about logging in simultaneously from two different computers.  Your clients will "fight" each other on the server, stepping on each other's toes (like if you're trying to rob a house with one client while editing your own house with the other) and death will likely result...

But as long as you're only using one machine at a time, you should be okay.

#5 2014-01-25 14:31:53

ventuswings

I myself carry Castle Doctrine client around in my USB, and it doesn't seem to be causing any problems.

#6 2014-01-25 14:50:20

DethBringa

I play other games while staying logged in with the client running so I can alt-tab in and check my tapes. A few times I've hit the shortcut for castle doctrine from habit and had 2 copies running. One basicly dies while the other works fine. This probably isn't intended but its good that it does it.

If I vanish it's not due to a burglar shooting me as well as my wife while making his way to the vault....
I'm just a burst player.
tongue

#7 2014-01-25 19:24:18

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yeah, whichever one starts second will essentially "take over".

The server requires a unique sequence number for each client request and blocks requests with older numbers to prevent replay attacks.

So, the older client's sequence numbers become stale.

#8 2014-01-25 22:39:20

SnakeAes

Yeah I'm not planning to play multiple clients at once, just wanted to make sure that my laptop and my PC could both have the game, which they can. It makes my life much easier.

---
勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。
"Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Board footer