The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-23 21:05:19

Eldrad

Had a "House check-in failure" when self-testing

Had a "House check-in failure" when self-testing my house and then suddenly I was back in fresh start house. Not a huge deal as I had maybe $4-6k in the house, but was curious about the frequency of this and the cause. I'm happy to give more details in pm for debugging purposes. I was running on the vanilla mac client (though have also played on the windows client and not %100 sure that my other comp didn't have the comp open though it didn't have anyone interacting with it).

#2 2014-01-25 14:55:25

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Had a "House check-in failure" when self-testing

Oh... yeah, if you have two clients open, they may be interfering with each other on the server!

I see some evidence of that in the server logs for your account.

Try only having the game open in one place at a time from now on, and see if that helps.  If you EVER see a house check-in failed henceforth, please stop playing and send me the latest recordedGame file  (jasonrohrer@fastmail.fm).  I can watch it on my end and see what happened.

#3 2014-01-26 04:29:28

SnakeAes

Re: Had a "House check-in failure" when self-testing

Can this also occur from losing internet connection in the middle of editing a house? I lost internet connection for a fair amount of time (~1 hour) while editing my house. I figured I had gone so far with it that there was no use turning back at that point. I self-tested for a while with no problems but never actually "completed" a self-test. I would just exit back out rather than hit the vault in the self-test. When I was finally ready, I headed to the vault upon self-test and got a Check-in Failure.

Now all my work is gone >_<

Last edited by SnakeAes (2014-01-26 04:32:19)

---
勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。
"Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Board footer