The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-24 15:15:27

SnakeAes

At what point is my house listed?

I guess my question is, upon starting a new game, do I have to construct my house all at once? Or can I construct part of it, then come back later and finish without risking all of my money getting taken?

Assuming I have never clicked "Done," does my house stay unlisted or is it at risk?

---
勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。
"Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

#2 2014-01-24 15:30:21

colorfusion

Re: At what point is my house listed?

The house is only saved, and you can only exist to the house list, when you have self tested your house. If you quit before that then any changes you made are lost.

Your house becomes visible after you've done a self test (I think there's a short delay). The house will start off of the list and will be taken off the list if there's no value and no wife left after a robbery.

Last edited by colorfusion (2014-01-24 15:30:33)

#3 2014-01-24 15:35:32

SnakeAes

Any chance a save feature could be implemented, only for houses which have NEVER been self-tested yet?

I have been sort of plinking away gradually at a house while at work and, understandably because I'm working, I often have to divert attention to other things (don't judge lol). It's kind of disheartening to come back to it and realize that it's gone.

EDIT:

While I'm on the topic of editing the home, a zoom-out feature would be convenient as well.

Last edited by SnakeAes (2014-01-24 16:04:19)

---
勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。
"Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

#4 2014-01-24 20:39:14

Eldrad

There are two online map editors which provide much of the functionality you seem to be looking for (though it'd still require you to put out your finished design once, and also presumably requires you to trust that the website owner isn't looking at your designs).

http://castlefortify.com/
http://castledraft.com/editor/

#5 2014-01-25 15:24:07

jasonrohrer
Administrator

I have thought about doing this for first-edit houses.  It may be coming at some point in the future.  Essentially, a save-and-quit button.

You should know that, for your first edit, there is NO timeout, and you can take as long as you want.  For the time being, I'd suggest pressing ESC to get to the pause screen, which brings the FPS and CPU usage down to near 0.  Then, just minimize the game.  It should safely remain there, waiting for you to finish your edit later.

HOWEVER, keep in mind that for later edits, after your house has gone live at least once, there is a 5-minute inactivity timer (if you're not actively editing) that will discard your changes and return your house to the list (so you can't camp in your house to protect it).

Board footer