The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-26 08:05:08

Azuola

Possible hacker?

I just suddenly got robbed by a guy which robbed me perfectly in 1st try on my semi-complex house and he wasn't wrong even by a little bit and he did it in one try, and nobody else went to my house before I upgraded it as it is now. It's really messed up.. Could developer look up on it? Benjamin Isreal Otero - $24126

Thanks in forward, it's just way too suspicious for me.

#2 2014-01-26 10:50:41

Jezh42

Re: Possible hacker?

Yeah, I have someone who i think might be hacking aswell. I basically have 3 sections and you have to choose a door, and he got the first one wrong, but then used a tool, don't know if this was on purpose to make it look like he doesn't know what he is doing, then for section 2 and 3 he walked up and down and got the correct door straight away. Seems really dodgy as I have had 7 people die today and I only made my room a few hours ago.

#3 2014-01-26 11:09:17

g0m

Jezh42 wrote:

Yeah, I have someone who i think might be hacking aswell. I basically have 3 sections and you have to choose a door, and he got the first one wrong, but then used a tool, don't know if this was on purpose to make it look like he doesn't know what he is doing, then for section 2 and 3 he walked up and down and got the correct door straight away. Seems really dodgy as I have had 7 people die today and I only made my room a few hours ago.

Was that guy being chased by two dogs? Because if it was it might've been me, and I was totally just guessing. If it makes you feel better I got robbed pretty soon afterwards and then died.

#4 2014-01-26 11:15:31

colorfusion

Jezh42 wrote:

Doesn't sound too unlikely, depending on how many doors you had.

#5 2014-01-26 11:37:35

Azuola

Well, I really hope whatever the guy was he will get caught, especially since this contest is around xD

#6 2014-01-26 13:30:03

DethBringa

I was thinking hackers for quite a while actually as this has happened to me a few times with 3 different house builds. All the names vanished almost straight away. When Jason looked into it and reviewed the tapes it was considered to be dumb luck. Also the fact that the person vanished off the house list with so much money was cause their dumb luck ran out on my house and they died soon after.
I have come to the conclusion that with you having to do a self test without tools anyone could fluke their way through your house at any time. Remember people win lotteries and the odds there are pretty huge. It is really, really frustrating and the paranoia is running rampant with this game. That's part of the fun.

If I vanish it's not due to a burglar shooting me as well as my wife while making his way to the vault....
I'm just a burst player.
tongue

#7 2014-01-26 18:17:37

Jezh42

Yeah, Jason agrees that it is just dumb luck. It was just at the time I wanted it to be a hacker so I could get my stuff back and I didnt want to accept my loss.
It's pretty funny now that I think about it

Board footer