The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-31 20:35:35

Vegeta9001

It's Impossible to make money when you hit the zero money... =/

It took something like 4 hours to make my house and it worked very well today and so I was able to improve it over and over, i killed quite a bit of people, but somehow a single guy without any tools and without any wrong move was able to find the all right way in a single go like if he was a bot...

He probably wasn't but, still what was the odds, and since my wife was long dead... *May she rest in pieces...* I lose ALL my money.

Now I'm pretty much doom to suicide myself and restart all over again which I don't want to do, but i have no other choice!

I cannot rob a house without tools that's pure suicide unless I find a extremely easy house to rob which never ever happen to me and since you don't get anymore money from *Work* when you stay offline long enough so yeah no money is coming back for me to start over.

And even if I try to change my steal walls with wood walls I don't get my money back so I cannot sells wall or dogs or whatever why?

Are you telling me that now the only way for me to make money is to commit a suicide and rob a house without tools or wait 5 weeks for someone to steal my house with 0$ and die trying? O.o

I love this game really I might just restart and whine for a while, but there should be a way to make some money when you reach 0$ even if it's a little money like 100$ It would be enough to start over.

Someone should add in the game a way to sell stuff like walls or animal up to 100$ after that selling walls or animal wouldn't any more money that way it's not to much and just enough to start over and hope for someone to steal your house and die trying.

#2 2014-01-31 20:42:18

jere

Re: It's Impossible to make money when you hit the zero money... =/

You're supposed to want to contemplate suicide when you $0. That's why the button helpfully pops up.

I have to repeatedly disagree on robbing though. I've seen LOTS of easy houses that were basically wooden walls and pits or wooden walls and easily avoided pitbulls.

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#3 2014-01-31 20:52:37

Vegeta9001

Yes, but you have to take the risk, but when you don't want to lose your house you don't want to risk it lol.

I think a little 50-100$ by selling your stuff would be enough to help you start over without having to try a no tools rob luck or commit suicide to start all over again.

I have two style of playing while I play this game...

1: Robber: I only live by stealing other people home until someone finally kills me or until I have zero money and I try to no tools rob which always end up in death.

2: Home: I only live with my home by killing robber until all my house is completely destroy and impossible to repair or until I kill myself on my own trap which sometime happen...

#4 2014-02-01 00:38:53

DaVinci

Risk is the brother of the reward.

Know that.

#5 2014-02-01 01:19:09

Vegeta9001

Rish is also the best friend of Mr Death. big_smile

Of course when I'm in the *Robber* mode I don't care about the risk...

#6 2014-02-01 02:30:08

DaVinci

Vegeta9001 wrote:

Rish is also the best friend of Mr Death. big_smile

Of course when I'm in the *Robber* mode I don't care about the risk...

If you are defencing up, make sure your defences are effective.

If you have 10k $ money, you have to realize what kind of robbers are coming up you.

So, make defences and have some money to lure the robbers.

Put a limit like 5k maybe, and spend every piece of money 'til you hit it.

Get the limit up everytime, once you handle it.

#7 2014-02-01 05:06:10

arakira

There are many houses that are "free" to scout if you are being careful. I mean, houses without entrance fees (commit gates) where you can walk down a lot of corridors (possibly coming in and out if you get spotted by a pitbull), and figure out where is the vault. The important thing is to make sure that your way back to the exit door cannot be cut by a pitbull. Sometimes you discover that the house was brute-forced and has some destroyed walls which create a path to the vault! That is what hapened to me this morning, after I got completely robbed during the night. Now I'm back on business smile

#8 2014-02-01 07:36:09

GoogleFrog

I like the $0 after a robbery because it gives you an extra incentive to start over once your house has been successfully robbed. This should lead to more diversity in house design as people try out new things.

#9 2014-02-01 07:53:05

Someguy

>but somehow a single guy without any tools and without any wrong move was able to find the all right way in a single go like if he was a bot

To be fair, there are probably quite a bit of people already who modified the source code and are cheating, even though basic security was build in to avoid the modding of the code.

#10 2014-02-01 16:32:32

gyuri

It's always a good idea to have some spare pitbulls hidden somewhere in your house. That way you can still make a nice doggy maze even with zero money by putting them in the right places after you're house has been robbed.

Board footer