The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-09 02:49:19

Toolism

Dedicated Robbery mode?

I often find myself going into full robbery mode when I die on one of my complex designs and don't wish to create any traps for the time being. I just try and rob other people instead then. The problem with v5 is that each time i finish robbing someone or probing someone I'm only left with the choice to go back home. I think a quality of life improvement would be to add a second button that says "go rob someone" so that I wouldn't have to go back to my house, click DONE and then click Rob again.

#2 2013-04-09 05:13:48

colorfusion

Re: Dedicated Robbery mode?

I think the game forcing you into your house so often is intentional.
You have to prove your house is fair before you leave, so it's a way to lessen the amount of completely impossible houses.

#3 2013-04-09 05:42:19

DrNoid

But when you're on a robbing spree, and your house hasn't been burgled in the meantime, then nothing changed and you don't have to prove your house possible. It just adds a delay in getting to the house-list.
Being called back home when your house has been robbed makes sense, but not otherwise.

#4 2013-04-09 12:08:24

Funky Functionality

I don't mind being forced back to your home after a robbery attempt/success.  Never hurts to re-up on tools.  But more to the point, you're arguing one click versus two.  It's really not too big a deal, is it?

#5 2013-04-09 12:40:05

Toolism

Funky Functionality wrote:

But more to the point, you're arguing one click versus two.  It's really not too big a deal, is it?

Not at all!:) It's not only clicks but also server requests for the apropriate data. Then populating from that data. Then giving back control to the user. This is not a matter of 1 more second for 1 more click but rather a full 5-10 seconds. Even more if you've got a particular house that you are looking for, then you must write it again, press enter, wait for the server request, then click on the house then click on Rob House.

It's really a lot more than you're making it out to be. This just tells me that you are more of a builder than robber:)

#6 2013-04-09 13:14:47

Dinnanid

Toolism wrote:

I often find myself going into full robbery mode when I die on one of my complex designs and don't wish to create any traps for the time being. I just try and rob other people instead then. The problem with v5 is that each time i finish robbing someone or probing someone I'm only left with the choice to go back home. I think a quality of life improvement would be to add a second button that says "go rob someone" so that I wouldn't have to go back to my house, click DONE and then click Rob again.

I believe the reason you can't do that is so you have to bring your money home. When you go home all the money you got does too. When someone is robbing you, your money does not go home. This is how I understand it.

Dinnanid

#7 2013-04-09 15:09:51

Funky Functionality

Toolism wrote:

It's really a lot more than you're making it out to be. This just tells me that you are more of a builder than robber:)

I get what you're saying, I just don't understand the rush to return to the home list unless you're attempting to poach new spawns or didn't have tools to kill a specific wife or need to return in a hurry due to circumstances that make the house attractive to everyone... but that's part of the suspense, right?

And for the record, my house pretty much stays robbable on the first page because I'm always out racking those dollars up, son!  Have to.  Best one today:

ln81NkI.jpg

Last edited by Funky Functionality (2013-04-09 15:10:15)

Board footer