The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-04 15:14:37

Brix

Allow the rich to pay for house extensions.

I'm incredibly rich and have a very secure home. I would like to buy extra space like in animal crossing. Give me more room, an extra floor or basement. I need more room to build!

I am beyond robbing people.

#2 2014-02-04 16:40:43

largestherb

Re: Allow the rich to pay for house extensions.

tongue i have thought about this a lot.. but more space just makes your house super-powerful. and just isn't fair.

oh although the other did i have an idea.. if you purchase another level of house.. it just kind of acts as a second house, independent from any other level.

so, say next to the doorstep (just below, where the exterior wall currently lives) you could go upstairs/downstairs and get to choose which level you want to attempt. each one having their own vault, their own place for the family to be hiding. so yeah, just a second house really. doesn't really add any unfair advantage as far as i can see, either!

edit: wow i am tired. each floor would have it's own vault, but the cash would all be inside whichever level the player chose to attempt. no splitting between levels.

Last edited by largestherb (2014-02-04 16:44:56)

#3 2014-02-04 16:58:14

Cent

Nawh. Jason talked about something similar already. More specifically, about rich people getting access to even stronger walls, or stronger tools to counteract them. House extensions are the same. You're just artificially boosting numbers to give players the feeling of strength, when its a game about vulnerability.

#4 2014-02-04 20:10:38

Drakol

Actually I like the idea of new floors - Tabs, that each floor has it's own vault. So you can split your money.
As well as try new trap designs, or even make it a competition to get into Vault 2, while Vault 1 is your main, etc.

Board footer