The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-11 06:28:11

Vocko1993

Unfair for new players.

Was searching this forum over and over again and I can't find how to start your new house. I can't be on 24/7 a day and watching that my house doesen't get robbed.
For example : yesterday I manage to robbe someone for aprox 9.5k I made a nice house that was around 19:00 hrs - 21:00 hrs. After that I did check once or twice but next morning ( today ) I saw that I was robbed for around 2.5 k and have to start all over again.

It is verry hard for new players . I realy don't know what to do .  It is an amazing game and verry smart , but its to hard for players . Thats like saying : " Here is 2000$ try to survive aginst all those rich people that can do what ever the f**k they want. "

(sorry for my english since its not my mother language )

#2 2014-02-11 06:43:44

Pandamonium

Re: Unfair for new players.

Welcome.

I'm new here myself, so I feel you, I really do, but here are a few pointers that has helped me, personally, maybe they will help you too.

1. People will never guess my maze,etc so they will always use tools to break once i get too high in value. I need to learn from the past to improve

2. I will always eventually die, I need to make the most of each life.

3. I can scout and rob others, even if my family is dead, and i have no cash, I can slowly get enough cash from low level homes to "repair" my traps, and start the killing process again.

4. Every person that dies in my home, is another player. Some times that player will be me.

I so very much agree that getting gold when your new is very hard, I mean I still find it very hard.
That's part of the appeal of the game, the moments when you learn someone else's trap that have never contemplated before. Those moments where you go, I want to build that!

Take a chance, and live to rob another home, in another life.
smile

#3 2014-02-11 07:01:04

jere

yesterday I manage to robbe someone for aprox 9.5k

I wonder if that was me. I got robbed for about that much last night. The vault was completely open because someone had disabled my trap and killed of my kids the time before.

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#4 2014-02-11 09:55:41

Vocko1993

sry but wasnt me...  didnt kill anyone had only saws xd

#5 2014-02-11 10:22:07

jere

No, I meant the person before the 9k robbery. That person could have just come back for the $9k but they instead died. I'll have to check to see if Deal had saws....

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

Board footer