The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-12 04:05:18

aszgarre

Unsolvable houses

Anybody had any problems completing houses. Sometimes i walk through a house and things seem to be impossible without tools, I always assume I do not understand it enough so i walk off. Earlier however i found a house that had a pitbull right outside the door as you come in. If you took 1 step you died. It is impossible and because of that i am starting to think that maybe some of the others have been like that as well. (I think it was John David Appleton)

Another small problem i find is some houses have pitbull commitment traps. The dog is designed to follow you everywhere. This is fine but i worked out how to do a house without tools and when i got to the vault it was empty and all the money was on the wife. He had over 2k and it was all unstealable without tools and anybody who finished his puzzle had to die. I think maybe it should let you know if there is money in the vault just so that if you are clever enough to work out the puzzle you do not die because the vault is empty.

#2 2014-02-12 04:10:13

Gopher

Re: Unsolvable houses

Changes persist after successful robberies or family murder, including things like position of pets, so that's how the pit bull wound up right at the door like that, someone fled after murdering one or more family members with the dog on their heels.

As for the empty vault thing, I agree you should still exit the house if reaching an empty vault, and there's at least one other thread about the issue, but for now, it is what it is.

#3 2014-02-12 06:41:31

redxaxder

All houses must be solvable without tools -- if you have all the information about the house. Since robbers (initially) don't have this info, the tools are there to compensate.

#4 2014-02-12 07:14:31

cartti

aszgarre wrote:

Earlier however i found a house that had a pitbull right outside the door as you come in. If you took 1 step you died. It is impossible and because of that i am starting to think that maybe some of the others have been like that as well. (I think it was John David Appleton)

I'll quess thats me and i do apologize. Just came from RL work and noticed i had a sleeping pit bull right at the entrance. You shouting out my name here seems to solve the problem tho (or just a coincidence). Roger John Alston came in with ridiculous amount of tools and brute forced his way in. Stole 26978$. smile

I do hope there is some solution in the future to prevent this kind of unsolvability from happening. Also at this moment i hope i could sell parts of my house to repair it..

Sorry everyone who died because of this!

#5 2014-02-12 08:43:34

ZenRose

cartti wrote:
aszgarre wrote:

Earlier however i found a house that had a pitbull right outside the door as you come in. If you took 1 step you died. It is impossible and because of that i am starting to think that maybe some of the others have been like that as well. (I think it was John David Appleton)

I'll quess thats me and i do apologize. Just came from RL work and noticed i had a sleeping pit bull right at the entrance. You shouting out my name here seems to solve the problem tho (or just a coincidence). Roger John Alston came in with ridiculous amount of tools and brute forced his way in. Stole 26978$. smile

I do hope there is some solution in the future to prevent this kind of unsolvability from happening. Also at this moment i hope i could sell parts of my house to repair it..

Sorry everyone who died because of this!

Just in case you are unaware I thought I should tell you that it is possible to move pets at no cost.  If you place one somewhere and then pick up one from anywhere the net cost should be $0.  This applies to pit bulls, chihuahuas, and cats.  They can be asleep or awake but not dead.  Hope that helps.

#6 2014-02-12 09:11:18

cartti

ZenRose wrote:

Just in case you are unaware I thought I should tell you that it is possible to move pets at no cost.  If you place one somewhere and then pick up one from anywhere the net cost should be $0.  This applies to pit bulls, chihuahuas, and cats.  They can be asleep or awake but not dead.  Hope that helps.

Thank you, but i'm aware of that. Robber used 8k worth of tools that made a bit of a dent on the house interior. wink

All fixed now, but no money to attract anyone. smile

Board footer