The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#51 2014-02-19 12:31:54

mala

Re: The best house with $2k

redxaxder wrote:

I'm retiring this house. Have a look.

http://castledraft.com/editor/qPVRLJ

how do you get bounties from scouts?

i'm having lots of trouble with committing scouts after a fresh start, with that design i guess they'll just go up than out after being chased by the dog.

2k houses should be about committing scouts, no one will take 2k tools to break into a 600$ house, and not so many scouts will take a step on a power grid or get past an electric door.

i'm not bitchin' about your house, just struggling to find new ways to commit scouts, they're getting smarter everyday...

Last edited by mala (2014-02-19 12:35:48)

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#52 2014-02-19 12:52:12

redxaxder

mala wrote:
redxaxder wrote:

i'm having lots of trouble with committing scouts after a fresh start, with that design i guess they'll just go up than out after being chased by the dog.

2k houses should be about committing scouts, no one will take 2k tools to break into a 600$ house, and not so many scouts will take a step on a power grid or get past an electric door.

i'm not bitchin' about your house, just struggling to find new ways to commit scouts, they're getting smarter everyday...

This house actually got me a lot of high bounties. It fooled a lot of careful players (but they've since caught on).

It fooled them because they saw a cat on the other side, and they saw the power flash on and off twice; "oh, this is just a trap to catch people who immediately go down". They try to wait out the cat movement and then they step on the grates. But if they do that the cat gets stuck in a position that will kill them as soon as they step on the third grate.

Most people aren't familiar with the kind of magic dance traps you can make with cats. Most magic dances are only position sensitive (and most cat traps are only timing sensitive). This one is both timing and position sensitive.

#53 2014-02-19 22:58:13

Americans17

redxaxder wrote:
mala wrote:
redxaxder wrote:

This house actually got me a lot of high bounties. It fooled a lot of careful players (but they've since caught on).

It fooled them because they saw a cat on the other side, and they saw the power flash on and off twice; "oh, this is just a trap to catch people who immediately go down". They try to wait out the cat movement and then they step on the grates. But if they do that the cat gets stuck in a position that will kill them as soon as they step on the third grate.

Most people aren't familiar with the kind of magic dance traps you can make with cats. Most magic dances are only position sensitive (and most cat traps are only timing sensitive). This one is both timing and position sensitive.

how that is work that house? i mean how do u have to move?

#54 2014-02-20 07:22:09

redxaxder

DADADSSSWWWSSSSSSS

#55 2014-02-20 09:21:06

TyrannosaurusHax

This one's a bit of a gamble but it is a starter after all, and I've had some big bounties drop in my lap immediately by using this at the front door:

http://castledraft.com/editor/kri9DG

Of course if it becomes common it's effectiveness won't last.

Board footer