The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-24 12:37:48

Americans17

Is this true?

So i just read this in castle doctrine reddit:

"For anyone who doesn't know him, he is sitting at the top of the lists with over 100k. He has bought 30+ paintings and literally cleared out the store for anyone else to have any.
The reason he is a selfish player is because he has a map that has already been broken once (probably by him on an alt account) which makes it impossible to solve without tools. I make this claim because once you get past the opening screen of his map, there is a dead animal in a pit that is not a result of the player.
Now he is just sitting back accumulating loads of money while people die in his rigged map, and taking all of the paintings in the process.
It is not fair for the rest of the userbase and I sincerely hope someone has enough cash to brute force him and take him out. I've already tried and died.. go figure.."

broke your house with an alt acc so it's  impossible to solve isn't just cheating?

#2 2014-02-24 12:48:59

RevealingGekco

Re: Is this true?

Impossible to solve without tools.   Houses at that price range tend to be disassembled by tools anyway.

#3 2014-02-24 12:51:37

Americans17

RevealingGekco wrote:

Impossible to solve without tools.   Houses at that price range tend to be disassembled by tools anyway.

But in that case the house is solvable only with tools, no one with 2k can solve it, not even if u have luck, because its insouvable. Thats cheating

#4 2014-02-24 12:52:05

colorfusion

Curry (Who I think is JWG) robbed my house with tools just a day ago, which isn't possible with a broken house, and I think he's robbed more since then. So the reddit post is definitely just someone whining.

Even if he did have a broken house, it's hardly "cheating". You can't go out and dump tools to keep your value down, you can't go out and rob other people approaching your value, you just have to sit and watch while your house is inevitably brute forced.

Last edited by colorfusion (2014-02-24 12:53:41)

#5 2014-02-24 12:56:38

Americans17

colorfusion wrote:

Curry (Who I think is JWG) robbed my house with tools just a day ago, which isn't possible with a broken house, and I think he's robbed more since then. So the reddit post is definitely just someone whining.

Even if he did have a broken house, it's hardly "cheating". You can't go out and dump tools to keep your value down, you can't go out and rob other people approaching your value, you just have to sit and watch while your house is inevitably brute forced.

Why you say ist not posible? U don't need to hit your vault to buy/take tools.
Making a house unsouvable even if you have the map of the house and u know how it works its just nasty and cheating.

#6 2014-02-24 12:57:27

RevealingGekco

Technically yeah, it violates that idea that all houses are solvable without tools, and breaking your house intentionally is a bit of a dirty trick.

In practice, there's no way you would solve any house in that range without tools anyway.

#7 2014-02-24 13:01:07

colorfusion

Americans17 wrote:
colorfusion wrote:

Making a house unsouvable even if you have the map of the house and u know how it works its just nasty and cheating.

If you have a broken house, you have to self test it again before properly being able to exit your house. If the house is impossible without tools then you can obviously not do a self test on it without fixing it up first.

You can get a timeout by AFKing (unless it was changed), but you cannot take tools with you this way.

Last edited by colorfusion (2014-02-24 13:03:13)

#8 2014-02-24 13:01:59

Americans17

RevealingGekco wrote:

Technically yeah, it violates that idea that all houses are solvable without tools, and breaking your house intentionally is a bit of a dirty trick.

In practice, there's no way you would solve any house in that range without tools anyway.

The idea is that you can solve any house with no tools, even if you have to try 1000000 times, you should have a chance to solve it, even if its 0,001%.
Making a house insolvable 100% its breaking the idea of the game

#9 2014-02-24 13:06:28

Americans17

colorfusion wrote:
Americans17 wrote:
colorfusion wrote:

If you have a broken house, you have to self test it again before properly being able to exit your house. If the house is impossible without tools then you can obviously not do a self test on it without fixing it up first.

You can get a timeout by AFKing (unless it was changed), but you cannot take tools with you this way.

He can repair the house, solve it, and then with his alt just broke it again

#10 2014-02-24 13:11:17

colorfusion

Americans17 wrote:
colorfusion wrote:
Americans17 wrote:

He can repair the house, solve it, and then with his alt just broke it again

He'd lose all of his paintings and half of his money (assuming he has a wife) every time he does that. Possible to be very crafty with transferring money, but unlikely. The reddit post is just using the fact he has animals in pits as proof that he is using an alt to leave his home in a broken state, and calling him a cheater.

Last edited by colorfusion (2014-02-24 14:12:06)

#11 2014-02-24 14:09:26

MMaster

Having animal in the pit is quite normal (i have it there too as I found it useful that someone just happened to kill my family when the dog fallen into pit). Each house is solvable without tools - you would just have to go through it million times before you would find solution - that is what is meant by being unsolvable. I'm 100% sure that Curry is jwg and I think I know what is the trick he is using as I look at the cat and closed doors in front of it. But I'm not gonna tell you anything more. His entry setup looks really effective and if I would be him I would also use it for several houses. You don't know what's behind the entry screen - he can change everything except for that initial entry as he still has around 60% of space left that you don't actually see.

#12 2014-02-24 14:13:41

colorfusion

I got a whole lot of it scouted out and made a map on CastleDraft, then I saved it but forgot to actually note down the link. I haven't found a solution, but it does look possible.

#13 2014-02-24 14:23:28

MMaster

colorfusion wrote:

I got a whole lot of it scouted out and made a map on CastleDraft, then I saved it but forgot to actually note down the link. I haven't found a solution, but it does look possible.

I haven't actually scouted a lot as I didn't want him to come for me yet, but just by looking at the entrance I would say that the cat should not pass that door. I guess that if you do one wrong step the door will open and cat will run into some maze locking everything behind it. At least that's what I would do with setup like that. The hard part about that setup is that you have to figure out the magic dance that won't open the door, but still let's you get there to scare the cat away from the door. But I'm not sure - maybe jwg will tell us when he falls :-)

#14 2014-02-24 18:53:46

joshwithguitar

I can promise you that my house has not been robbed or broken since I completed it about a week ago. There are no dead animals in my house - he must have been confused and thought a pet that died while he was there was dead from the start.

#15 2014-02-25 15:50:33

MMaster

joshwithguitar wrote:

I can promise you that my house has not been robbed or broken since I completed it about a week ago. There are no dead animals in my house - he must have been confused and thought a pet that died while he was there was dead from the start.

Otherwise he would not be able to do 89 steps dancing near welcome mat in my house smile

Btw. good idea with the house. I knew it will be something like that. Now I can die in peace wink

Board footer