The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-25 16:30:05

ursaphobe

Wall filler?

I've been pondering for a while this problem and I'm going to open it up to you fine gentleman (and that one shitty bot) for consideration.  Given a small but entirely open area what is the most costly or impenetrable design you can generate?  Is it as boring as sea-of-dogs/pits?

#2 2014-02-26 22:37:21

Amatiel

Re: Wall filler?

Pits easily.

Players dont tend to acquire them (ladders) through failed attempts on their homes so would be robbers are forced to pay full price ($1800) for them.

Everything else (except explosives to a certain extent) are available in mass quantities as suicide robbers drop them regularly.

Edit: atrocious grammer

edit dit: GRAMMAR

Last edited by Amatiel (2014-02-26 22:40:50)

Current Name: Darryl Gary Breeden

Died to self test yet again..... FFS..... ill be back

#3 2014-02-27 05:41:06

jere

My money is on checkerboard pits/concrete. I thought about this for a while; here's my reasoning:

All pits is expensive to cross ($1800/tile), but presents a big problem. The robber can see all the way across the giant pit, can rule out vault locations, and will probably opt to go around the pits. You can't do dogs + pits, so you'd end up with dogs + concrete. But that's about the same price to pass as all concrete.

With pits/concrete, you're splitting the difference and forcing an average buy of $1500/tile.

You could also try something the robber isn't expecting like steel walls or powered doors. I've done checkerboard doors/power and that's pretty good because crowbars are rare and robbers don't tend to bring that many. Slightly cheaper at $1250/tile.

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#4 2014-02-27 06:01:46

Amatiel

Looks like jere totally upstaged me there.

I like the door idea...

Current Name: Darryl Gary Breeden

Died to self test yet again..... FFS..... ill be back

Board footer