The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-26 13:42:54

VigilantGuardian

Is it just me? How to attract more "customers"

Anyone having trouble drawing attention to their house?

I build houses, but am not getting more than 4 or 5 people to trickle through in a whole day.

Is this others' experience?  If not, what should I be trying to do in terms of tempting robbers that I might not be doing...?

Thanks.

#2 2014-02-26 13:43:33

LiteS

Re: Is it just me? How to attract more "customers"

The game seems to be losing players and becoming less popular.

Edit: The best way to attract more robbers to your house would be to attract more players to the game.

Last edited by LiteS (2014-02-26 13:49:55)

#3 2014-02-26 13:50:15

colorfusion

LiteS wrote:

The amount of people playing doesn't massively affect how many robbery attempts you have. If there's 50 houses and 50 robbers, then on average you should still get robbed roughly as much as if there were 2000 houses and 2000 robbers.

What matters more is that people are learning the game and no longer throwing themselves blindly at traps, but are building more instead, so you get less robberies per house.

The game probably does have less active players now that it's a month after launch, but it won't make too big of a difference.

Last edited by colorfusion (2014-02-26 13:51:20)

#4 2014-02-26 13:54:39

LiteS

colorfusion wrote:
LiteS wrote:

The amount of people playing doesn't massively affect how many robbery attempts you have. If there's 50 houses and 50 robbers, then on average you should still get robbed roughly as much as if there were 2000 houses and 2000 robbers.

What matters more is that people are learning the game and no longer throwing themselves blindly at traps, but are building more instead, so you get less robberies per house.

The game probably does have less active players now that it's a month after launch, but it won't make too big of a difference.

In order for people to learn the game, they must first throw themselves blindly at traps.

Building is much more profitable if the game has a steady stream of new players.

#5 2014-02-26 13:59:55

colorfusion

LiteS wrote:
colorfusion wrote:
LiteS wrote:

In order for people to learn the game, they must first throw themselves blindly at traps.

Building is much more profitable if the game has a steady stream of new players.

Yep, attracting new players would likely temporarily give a lot more suicide runners.

#6 2014-02-26 14:04:16

VigilantGuardian

How often are you folks getting robbers to at least walk through your door?  I get people being more cautious, but I don't mean folks are taking 3 steps in my house, I mean they aren't showing up at all...

#7 2014-02-26 14:25:41

42dustman

I don't have a house right now, but two days ago I was getting 30 burglars a day (that's just counting the dead ones, I don't even how many just entered the home and then went back out). Keeping the house value in that "sweet spot" between 3k and 15k is the key to getting a lot of burglars I think. Also: If you hang some nice pictures you might make the robbers more committed to rob you.

Self-testing is torture.

#8 2014-02-26 18:48:27

Amatiel

Stop using massive magic dances that are visible right at the start. When i am doing suicide runs, I refuse to let the owner of these lame houses profit from my death so I just walk out.

Build something fun that is hard to solve but lulls me into thinking i have a chance smile

Current Name: Darryl Gary Breeden

Died to self test yet again..... FFS..... ill be back

#9 2014-02-26 19:17:25

LiteS

Amatiel wrote:

Stop using massive magic dances that are visible right at the start. When i am doing suicide runs, I refuse to let the owner of these lame houses profit from my death so I just walk out.

Build something fun that is hard to solve but lulls me into thinking i have a chance smile

I had that same attitude before, but yesterday I tried building a magic dance for myself. Almost everyone dies to it right away without using any tools. Magic dances are great for income.

#10 2014-02-26 19:21:02

TheRealCheese

One of the best pieces of advice I have been given from whining on this board is to build something that LOOKS accessible.

#11 2014-02-26 19:38:54

Amatiel

LiteS wrote:
Amatiel wrote:

I had that same attitude before, but yesterday I tried building a magic dance for myself. Almost everyone dies to it right away without using any tools. Magic dances are great for income.

You wont be getting any income from me.

Current Name: Darryl Gary Breeden

Died to self test yet again..... FFS..... ill be back

#12 2014-02-26 20:01:03

Storm

LiteS wrote:

go out and rob people. you're missing half the game.

#13 2014-02-26 20:30:33

LiteS

Storm wrote:
LiteS wrote:

go out and rob people. you're missing half the game.

I rob anyone who's entry commitment gates are about 5% the value of their home. (i.e., I'll bypass a dog if the house has over 4k in the bank) I've only done one major housecrash, and it's just not fun for me.

Speaking generally, all destruction is virtually the same. I define myself through creation. Let's not forget that I robbed Gyuri's place for ~16k using no tools.

Board footer