The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-27 13:39:15

StefanLindskog

74100 bounty

I'm a bad bad man. Good luck at the top Hoyle!

EDIT: I was looking at his electric floor tied to a clock to see the cycle (there is no cycle) when a finger twitched. tongue

Last edited by StefanLindskog (2014-02-27 13:46:05)

Current life: Unknown

Rotary toggle switches... Sooooo sexy.

#2 2014-02-27 13:54:52

MMaster

Re: 74100 bounty

Thanks! big_smile I just robbed him. It was a clock with 8-step cycle. Otherwise it was low tier house.

#3 2014-02-27 13:59:50

StefanLindskog

Anything to help! I lost a 67k house, but i wasn't that great a house really. Clean slate! And lots of families to murder. I will, of course, top that bounty.

Current life: Unknown

Rotary toggle switches... Sooooo sexy.

#4 2014-02-27 14:02:48

MMaster

Ok. You can then give it to me again! I'm your best customer believe me wink

#5 2014-02-27 16:54:59

Shinnbob
Website

Thank you Stefan for the 73k bounty!

Thank you MMaster for robbing it!

I had just recorded another Youtube video about that house stating 'this will be a great house to harvest some 2k tools from but nothing bigger until it gets majorly upgraded'.

Then I went offline to go and watch the football on TV - by the time I came back this insane moment had happened. Never seen a bounty that high so credit too you!

You will both be happy to hear those incidents will go in a Castle Doctrine episode on Youtube at some point. Absolutely classic stuff - although from the tape its quite obvious that your finger slipped sad

*added* plus I know how it feels. I was on the top page for a while before I suicided on someones commitment trap that I didn't notice at all

Last edited by Shinnbob (2014-02-27 16:56:20)

#6 2014-02-27 16:59:12

MMaster

Shinnbob wrote:

I had just recorded another Youtube video about that house stating 'this will be a great house to harvest some 2k tools from but nothing bigger until it gets majorly upgraded'.

Then I went offline to go and watch the football on TV - by the time I came back this insane moment had happened. Never seen a bounty that high so credit too you!

You will both be happy to hear those incidents will go in a Castle Doctrine episode on Youtube at some point. Absolutely classic stuff - although from the tape its quite obvious that your finger slipped sad

Sorry man! You were easy money for me. I was sure that your house was not prepared for that much money so I went for it before anyone else. Nothing personal wink

But YAY! I will be on youtube smile Let us know when the video will be out please.

#7 2014-02-27 17:03:39

Shinnbob
Website

MMaster wrote:
Shinnbob wrote:

Sorry man! You were easy money for me. I was sure that your house was not prepared for that much money so I went for it before anyone else. Nothing personal wink

But YAY! I will be on youtube smile Let us know when the video will be out please.

That's no problem, made me chuckle to be honest! Will post it up on here, should be up after the next 2 go up. Still feel relatively new at this game but absolutely loving the engineering side of it. Spend that money well!

#8 2014-02-27 17:17:34

MMaster

Shinnbob wrote:

That's no problem, made me chuckle to be honest! Will post it up on here, should be up after the next 2 go up. Still feel relatively new at this game but absolutely loving the engineering side of it. Spend that money well!

I looked at The Castle Doctrine 4 now and you had brick so you could have switched the button remotely before standing on it ;-)

#9 2014-02-27 18:04:50

Shinnbob
Website

MMaster wrote:
Shinnbob wrote:

I looked at The Castle Doctrine 4 now and you had brick so you could have switched the button remotely before standing on it ;-)

You have seen through my disguise & seen that infact I am a very poor excuse for a burglar tongue

#10 2014-02-27 18:59:55

JoyOfTrapping

May you dine forever in Hell with the soul of Steven Elliot Vinson.  Hats off to you, it's bastards like us that keep things interesting.

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#11 2014-02-28 10:56:35

Shinnbob
Website

So who wants to see the 73k bounty or the robbery that followed? As requested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CuRzE2cjtw

#12 2014-02-28 13:58:23

MMaster

Hehe! It's fun to look at how confused I was smile When I opened the last door and the dog was there at first I was like WTF?! as that was the only path left and it was blocked by pitbull. And then realized I saw a loop so I took the dog and let it sleep there so it doesn't get in the way in case I would need to return. Unless I'm at least partially sure that I'm going the right way I usually go to every passage. I didn't know what the button does so I just guessed it needs to be pressed .. i was wrong smile
Good videos man! You should certainly continue!
One suggestion: buy better mic as sometimes when you speak louder it makes really annoying sound and you can hear it in almost every episode at least once. It makes viewers leave - I did find your videos already before, but stopped watching them as soon as I heard that sound second time. You can make great videos but annoying things like this make people leave your channel.

Otherwise it's great! Keep up the good job with your videos!

#13 2014-02-28 14:20:52

Shinnbob
Website

MMaster wrote:

Hehe! It's fun to look at how confused I was smile When I opened the last door and the dog was there at first I was like WTF?! as that was the only path left and it was blocked by pitbull. And then realized I saw a loop so I took the dog and let it sleep there so it doesn't get in the way in case I would need to return. Unless I'm at least partially sure that I'm going the right way I usually go to every passage. I didn't know what the button does so I just guessed it needs to be pressed .. i was wrong smile
Good videos man! You should certainly continue!
One suggestion: buy better mic as sometimes when you speak louder it makes really annoying sound and you can hear it in almost every episode at least once. It makes viewers leave - I did find your videos already before, but stopped watching them as soon as I heard that sound second time. You can make great videos but annoying things like this make people leave your channel.

Otherwise it's great! Keep up the good job with your videos!

Thank you for the advice, it's very greatly appreciate the feedback (your feedback not my mics). I will just have to go buy a new mic (damn you turtle beach) wink

To be honest with such a simple house and so many tools you were always going to be able to work it out (quite a simple house) but am happy you gave it a good go on solving it properly instead of just busting through it with tools - the mistake was hitting the button which is alone which is basically a lock all button. If you hadn't hit that a simple brick to the switch which the dog activates would have done the trick smile

Board footer