The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#51 2014-02-20 13:23:55

Leveller

Re: Funniest Home Surveillance Tapes

absynthe7 wrote:

So, in my house it's pretty easy to get trapped in a room with a pitbull that you can outrun forever. This leads to some pretty hilarious move counts on some security tapes that result in bounties:

http://i.imgur.com/zaLGna5.gif

It's funnier with sound:
http://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/za … 9RUoExrTsg

Hahahaha big_smile

#52 2014-02-20 13:59:53

JoyOfTrapping

LOOOOL!!!

This is awesome.  I got the idea while working on my senseless value destruction robbery vid that it would be funny to put some robbery situations to Yakety Sax, using the "Yakety Sax makes everything funny" logic.  I decided on some different artistic themes in the end, but you (Absynthe) proved my theory in practice.

AWESOME gif.

Last edited by JoyOfTrapping (2014-02-20 14:00:33)

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#53 2014-02-20 16:41:10

TyrannosaurusHax

I don't understand why this keeps happening

3cowCkT.gif

#54 2014-02-21 09:04:18

Robert Marcus Dotson

EfO9px9.gif

Last edited by Robert Marcus Dotson (2014-02-21 09:05:22)

#55 2014-02-23 16:17:17

TheSquashedOrange

Bloody commitment gates, how do they work?

LDaaQ8e.gif

It's ridiculous the number of 2k suicide robbers who have no clue how a doggy death commitment gate works and drug the dog immediately, screwing themselves royally. I'd honestly say only about half of the robbers make it past that first trapdoor.

Last edited by TheSquashedOrange (2014-02-23 20:56:50)

#56 2014-02-23 18:26:44

Robert Marcus Dotson

I think that was me. . I remember all the cats and I often buy 3-4 saws. . .

#57 2014-02-23 18:55:05

TheSquashedOrange

Robert Marcus Dotson wrote:

I think that was me. . I remember all the cats and I often buy 3-4 saws. . .

Ha ha, next time just keep walking right, the dog will turn the trapdoor on as you step onto it and then fry itself. This allows you to get past, but you need a ladder to come back. It makes for a much more effective commitment gate than a powered door or several electric floors

#58 2014-02-23 21:41:54

TyrannosaurusHax

I actually died to the first one of those I found with a chihuahua at my heels because I expected it to operate on some kind of glitchy counter-intuitive mechanic.

#59 2014-02-24 07:57:08

Leaf

Oh.. I wish I kept one.  Some guy solved my entire house and then drugged a dog off of my safe (my last possible defense).  He walked adjacent to the safe and then instead of tapping the direction of it, he tapped the direction of the dog- kill himself and giving me $600. 

Unnnnlucky.

#60 2014-03-01 09:09:46

Karl Farx

http://zippy.gfycat.com/SadKeyCockerspaniel.mp4

Obviously an experienced robber.
Came back after three scout runs with about 4000$ in tools.
Tried to get through my doggone family protection sphere.
After the video stops (for reasons of privacy), he explores for a bit to reach my actual vault, wastes his remaining tools, finally shoots the dog next to the shotgun only to still find his way blocked.
My House value was about 6000$.

His is now at about 4000$.

(Yeah, I am VERY protective of my family. My vault is reachable with tools and luck and experience, but I will gladly burn all excess cash I have to put more dogs and walls and pits between any robber and my wife'n'kids)

edit:spelling

edit 2: aaaaand the next guy came and wasted lots of tools in multiple runs, now sits at 2400$.
What makes my house so darn attractive?

Last edited by Karl Farx (2014-03-01 09:14:34)

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of farts.

#61 2014-03-01 09:22:13

Blip

Karl Farx wrote:

aaaaand the next guy came and wasted lots of tools in multiple runs, now sits at 2400$.

The fact that you have a large open space at the beginning is very appealing; it gives robbers a sense of security. Many more people are, for example, willing to walk down a two-wide corridor than a one-wide one, and this is just another example of that effect. The robber feels that they have options on how they move in that area, and thus they feel more secure to go further in robbing a house with a large open area.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#62 2014-03-01 10:59:17

JoyOfTrapping

Blip wrote:

The fact that you have a large open space at the beginning is very appealing; it gives robbers a sense of security. Many more people are, for example, willing to walk down a two-wide corridor than a one-wide one, and this is just another example of that effect.

Yes, I'd agree with that.  Especially if the open area looks jagged or randomly placed and the walls are wooden.  They assume you are n00bish.  I usually build houses which are extremely claustrophobic, just long 1-wide tunnels everywhere.  I know this is a turn-off, so I have to make my foyers look n00bish by putting up wood wall facades & rigging up electronic contraptions that are deliberately wired the wrong way.  This helps the people not feel threatened, so they wander inward, but as they do so the tunneliness of the place is supposed to be wearing down their nerves.  So I hear, these types of communications do tend to hit home.

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#63 2014-03-01 15:04:30

Karl Farx

Blip wrote:

The fact that you have a large open space at the beginning is very appealing; it gives robbers a sense of security. Many more people are, for example, willing to walk down a two-wide corridor than a one-wide one, and this is just another example of that effect. The robber feels that they have options on how they move in that area, and thus they feel more secure to go further in robbing a house with a large open area.

Yeah, I get that, that's why I designed my house like that in the first place. The thing is, both these guys had multiple scouting tours and saw my wall-of-dog(tm)* death trap that hinges on exploiting that open room. I have tons of tapes of people who go up, see scary wiring, then go check out the dead end to the right and suddenly find themselves with no way to the exit.
I thought both these guys should have figured out that I am not a total newbie and know about things like field-of-view exploitation and such and accordingly should have thought that spending huge amounts of tools trying to rob my 6000$ house isn't worth it, especially since my wife might still be alive.

Well, their loss. Also the first guy called attention to some security risks so I'm not even mad, rather grateful.

*actually more or less copied from the 0$ house that I scouted out of pure curiosity, killing me fatally and ruining my perfect super-thought-out awesome deadly house**. At least my wife had enough dogs to protect her and/or to eat once her personal savings are used up

**maaan, that house had the MOST AMAZING tapes***. such a shame that I lost them all.

***I play this game mostly for the security tapes

#64 2014-03-01 16:40:20

TyrannosaurusHax

I play this game mostly for the security tapes

+1

I like to put a few layers of 'fun' near the welcome mat, starting solvable and then adding higher and higher improbability of (toolless) required guesses as one goes deeper.

#65 2014-03-01 17:06:52

Vegeta9001

Wait... What...?

q4VYOEz.gif

Why he did this anyone can explain?

#66 2014-03-01 17:09:15

Americans17

Karl Farx wrote:

After the video stops (for reasons of privacy), he explores for a bit to reach my actual vault, wastes his remaining tools, finally shoots the dog next to the shotgun only to still find his way blocked.

(Yeah, I am VERY protective of my family. My vault is reachable with tools and luck and experience, but I will gladly burn all excess cash I have to put more dogs and walls and pits between any robber and my wife'n'kids)

edit 2: aaaaand the next guy came and wasted lots of tools in multiple runs, now sits at 2400$.

I died in your house, good job sir big_smile

#67 2014-03-01 19:08:13

Karl Farx

Americans17 wrote:

I died in your house, good job sir big_smile

Thanks man. Sadly, my family will once again have to enjoy the rich taste of dog-meat until they starve (or my widow gets a job (I died))

I think I need a break from this game.

#68 2014-03-01 19:57:36

Vegeta9001

I got another one than made me laugh I was like oh wow 600 bounty and a decent set of tools to steal my low money house this guy must not be a noob and then...

QlDPH19.gif

What with all these suicidal people? Why he didn't uses his dog food?

#69 2014-03-01 20:03:41

TyrannosaurusHax

People get careless. I've seen this sort of thing kill a lot of people: http://castledraft.com/editor/6ljDHT

#70 2014-03-01 20:08:42

Kimenzar

Karl Farx wrote:

Ah that was me, did you had a painting? And I think you had more worth o.o my main targets today were tophouses

#71 2014-03-01 22:06:53

Americans17

Vegeta9001 wrote:

I got another one than made me laugh I was like oh wow 600 bounty and a decent set of tools to steal my low money house this guy must not be a noob and then...

http://i.imgur.com/QlDPH19.gif

What with all these suicidal people? Why he didn't uses his dog food?

Yesterday i suicided robe and that happened a me a lot of times,like 3 o 4 times, i was a bit sleepy, haha.

#72 2014-03-03 02:08:19

Karl Farx

Kimenzar wrote:

Ah that was me, did you had a painting? And I think you had more worth o.o my main targets today were tophouses

I never had a painting and I'm fairly sure I wasn't worth more than 7000$, certainly not even close to the top. Hm.

Anyway, I couldn't resist starting a new house (having a short break before semester starts again), so I built a new house.
I got my funds from someone who had 7000$ in cash, but didn't invest in more than one power source or more than paper-thin wooden walls.
Already got some good ones.
http://imgur.com/LWkSTH6
He just wanted to pet the dog sad

#73 2014-03-03 02:49:18

Vegeta9001

Karl Farx wrote:
Kimenzar wrote:

I never had a painting and I'm fairly sure I wasn't worth more than 7000$, certainly not even close to the top. Hm.

Anyway, I couldn't resist starting a new house (having a short break before semester starts again), so I built a new house.
I got my funds from someone who had 7000$ in cash, but didn't invest in more than one power source or more than paper-thin wooden walls.
Already got some good ones.
http://imgur.com/LWkSTH6
He just wanted to pet the dog sad

Yeah, this happen to me like 30 times now... People really want to pet dogs, but they don't seem to notice than these dogs are antisocial just watch my two videos up on this page you'll see.

Last edited by Vegeta9001 (2014-03-03 07:22:53)

#74 2014-03-03 10:31:21

Killer Mosquito

I didn't want to post this because my house was still live. But I killed myself in a self test T.T....

However, this definitely gets award for most pointless use of saws:

HNCWFpf.gif

Unknown.... thanks Blip
Unknown again because I thought I'd go on a no-tool revenge run on Blip.  Silly me........
Never risk what you aren't willing to lose.
Be willing to lose everything.

#75 2014-03-03 12:37:07

Vegeta9001

You can always find surprise in the walls and they're not always good ones. wink

Board footer