The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-02 02:07:49

Jkesler22

Jackass or idiot, which one is it?

Dear Mr. 'sucks at life',

I don't know exactly what prompted you to buy $2000 worth of tools and enter a house worth a little over $1400.  Honestly my 6 year old son knows math better than you.  But alas, enter my home you did.  You ignored the 5 pit bulls behind the windows with power doors obviously linked to the panic button in plain view.  You even ignored the warring shotgun just behind that.  You persisted forward, alarming my wife and children, but that wasn't a big deal for you because you had a pistol, a couple clubs, and even some drugged meat.  You shot my wife, clubbed my daughter and one of my dogs.  Drugged another dog to be able to escape my home with your life.  I only have one question for you; if you went through all that trouble to enter my home with the sole intention of killing my wife, why didn't you at least pick up the money off her corpse?  I mean honestly it's bad enough that you shot her with a $1200 pistol when she was carrying little over $700, but to not even bother with the money?  Let alone clubbing my daughter to death for no reason whatsoever!  So I would like to know, please, please, please let me know, are you that big of an idiot, or that big of a jackass?

Sincerely,
One pissed off dude

Last edited by Jkesler22 (2014-03-02 03:05:01)

#2 2014-03-02 03:00:11

eppfel
Website

Re: Jackass or idiot, which one is it?

Jkesler22 wrote:

I don't know exactly what prompted you to buy $2000 worth of tools and enter a house worth a little over $1400.  Honestly my 6 year old son knows math better than you.  But alas, enter my home you did.  You ignored the 5 pit bulls behind the windows with power doors obviously linked to the panic button in plain view.  You even ignored the warring shotgun just behind that.  You persisted forward, alarming my wife and children, but that wasn't a big deal for you because you had a pistol, a couple clubs, and even some drugged meat.  You shot my wife, clubbed my daughter and one of my dogs.  Drugged another dog to be able to escape my home with your life.  I only have one question for you; if you went through all that trouble to enter my home with the sole intention of killing my wife, why didn't you at least pick up the money off her corpse?  I mean honestly it's bad enough that you shot her with a $1200 pistol when she was carrying little over $700, but to not even bother with the money?  Let alone clubbing my daughter to death for no reason whatsoever!  So I would like to know, please, please, please let me know, are you that big of an idiot, or that big of a jackass?

Sincerely,
One pissed off asshole

Wow,  a lot of swearwords in this one! Don't let your 6 year old read this ;-)

I think that could have been someone with a second account. He might tries to kill as much family members as possible to increase his bounty and then suicide in the other accounts house. Therefore he doesn't need the money.

#3 2014-03-02 03:06:49

Jkesler22

eppfel wrote:
Jkesler22 wrote:

Sincerely,
One pissed off asshole

Wow,  a lot of swearwords in this one! Don't let your 6 year old read this ;-)

I think that could have been someone with a second account. He might tries to kill as much family members as possible to increase his bounty and then suicide in the other accounts house. Therefore he doesn't need the money.

Yeah, I was a bit upset, sorry about that.  I did edit out the signature one, but I still think the "jackass" is necessary...

#4 2014-03-02 06:22:55

colorfusion

With a $2000 new starting life there's no reason not to do seemingly pointless stuff. You get experience at robbing, ideas for traps, and generally just have fun, then you can just suicide and do it again.

If you want your house to be safe then you should make sure it can reasonably withstand $2000 worth of tools, even if your house is worth less than that.

I doubt it was someone with a dual account, otherwise he wouldn't have taken all of his tools to a single house and then not picked up any money.

Last edited by colorfusion (2014-03-02 06:23:24)

#5 2014-03-02 06:57:36

Immhotep

Well, some people doesn't really care... He might just died and pissed off then decided that he will randomly ruin someone's house to fulfill himself maybe? So by using $2k tools on your house and killing your wife and daughter doesn't really matter to him since he is going to suicide and get back another fresh $2k to ruin another family after yours, so why would he even bother? He might be reading this and laughing at you irl too... Life is just cruel, accept it!

Death is only the beginning...

#6 2014-03-02 11:35:19

Shinnbob
Website

Had the same problem while I was asleep. 2k worth of tools, came in, killed my last remaining child, smashed up the place, and then couldnt work out a way through so left. The house left smashed only half defended didn't last long from someone with some know how.

Goodbye house. Time to build another!

#7 2014-03-02 12:12:56

42dustman

Self-testing is torture.

#8 2014-03-02 12:17:49

RevealingGekco

lol!

#9 2014-03-02 17:01:10

JoyOfTrapping

Relevant:

http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/vie … hp?id=1072

JoyOfTrapping wrote:

"He was just a total bastard," one neighbor weighed in.  "I don't know why he did all of that stupid stuff.  A lot of it was just really, really stupid.  Hmm.  Maybe that's why the Town Forum was like, a total bitch-fest that week."

Last edited by JoyOfTrapping (2014-03-02 17:03:00)

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#10 2014-03-03 15:29:37

DarkKat48

eppfel wrote:

I really hate how that is a system to cheese the game into getting a lot more money to propel yourself up to the top.

#11 2014-03-03 15:46:15

Suedeo

Perhaps bounty increases-per-murder should be reduced OR or start small, and increase arithmetically to limit the max bounty generated by a $2k kamikaze.

Edited to add:

These are the people in your neighborhood
in your neighborhood
in your neigh-bor-hoo-ood
These are the people in your neighborhood
When you're walkin' down the street
they're the people that you meet
they're the people that you meet each day.

Last edited by Suedeo (2014-03-03 15:49:46)

What you are building is dangerous.

#12 2014-03-03 17:49:40

monkey

Maybe he was just being nice?

I have clubbed my way through 9 dogs to the family in someone's house, then clubbed the wife only to leave without the money, because in a 6k house, she was carrying less than $2k. Then I went on a run with no tools in a cheap house and died.

The thing is, if someone is offline, it is far more likely that someone else will visit their house between me leaving and them getting back home. So, the next person to visit that house will see a pile of dead dogs and score a free $1500. I may have ruined someone's day, but it also made 2 other people happy. smile

#13 2014-03-03 17:59:44

eppfel
Website

DarkKat48 wrote:

I really hate how that is a system to cheese the game into getting a lot more money to propel yourself up to the top.

I think colorfusion is right with this:

colorfusion wrote:

I doubt it was someone with a dual account, otherwise he wouldn't have taken all of his tools to a single house and then not picked up any money.

@JoyOfTrolling: ;-)

#14 2014-03-03 18:40:55

JoyOfTrapping

eppfel wrote:

@JoyOfTrolling: ;-)

Oh, is that what they call me now?  smile  After another one of these "Value Destruction" sprees, I was also nicknamed "The Butcher."

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

Board footer