The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-04 06:11:38

Vegeta9001

Can Coop robbing be possible in a future patch?

I know than right now it's definitely impossible, but I wonder if by editing the game codes it could be possible?

Let me try to explain what I mean even if I'm bad at it. xD

What I mean is you invite one of your friends to steal a house he receive the invitation and if he accept you both enter the house at the sametime... (Of course there is no friend list options in the game and I don't even know if it would be possible to add one it remind me of the another idea I saw on this forum it's to be able to send message to other player it's almost the samething as sending invitation I guess.)

After you both enter the house you can see the other robber and he can see you of course it's still turn by turn so both robbers have to take a step before the other can take another one until one of them dies.

To prevent game breaking or be unfair for the house owner, if it's possible they could add a limit of 10 stacks by kind of tools at max for each robbers so no 50 stacks of saw and so on.

I think it would be fun to rob a house with your friend and then both fall into a super nasty trap and both die horribly. lol

Or somehow reach the vault both alive the money would be given 50/50 for both robbers and if one of them die then, it would still be only 50% of the vault money for the surviving robber than way people cannot suicide to give their friends all the money.

What you guys think?

Last edited by Vegeta9001 (2014-03-04 06:17:19)

#2 2014-03-04 09:04:27

monkey

Re: Can Coop robbing be possible in a future patch?

I think you should play Monaco instead! smile

#3 2014-03-04 09:13:13

PlasmaChroma

This would be an enormous amount of code to change in the client and server.  Almost a completely different game in a way.

What you are talking about is a synchronous setup with persistent communication (even if it is still turn by turn).  A total rewrite of all the netcode in the game.

The way the game code is setup now is almost entirely asynchronous.  The only thing the client and server do while you have a house "checked-out" is a little active ping so people can't just idle away forever and lock down another players house.  There is no meaningful communication back until you provide a complete "check-in" which will be validated, so the whole process of simulation would need to be retrofitted as well.

It is of course possible, but only if you have a LOT of free time to spend on it, not a small project by any means.  You could of course keep the rendering, input, assets, a few other things, but it's not an incremental change.

#4 2014-03-04 09:36:56

Vegeta9001

I see, I didn't know. xD

But a way to at least send messages to other player would be cool too. wink

Board footer