The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-08 04:28:43

StefanLindskog
Member
From: Oslo, Norway
Registered: 2014-02-22
Posts: 268

Slow servers

Anyone else experiencing very slow servers both here on the forum AND in the game?


Current life: Unknown

Rotary toggle switches... Sooooo sexy.

Offline

#2 2014-03-08 04:41:17

RevealingGekco
Member
Registered: 2014-02-02
Posts: 65

Re: Slow servers

I have in game - been getting a lot of red ! boxes and dots in the last few days.

Offline

#3 2014-03-08 04:52:04

StefanLindskog
Member
From: Oslo, Norway
Registered: 2014-02-22
Posts: 268

Re: Slow servers

Makes me fear the disconnect while robbing.


Current life: Unknown

Rotary toggle switches... Sooooo sexy.

Offline

#4 2014-03-08 05:25:17

RevealingGekco
Member
Registered: 2014-02-02
Posts: 65

Re: Slow servers

For sure... but for what it's worth it the connection just seems slow and I haven't actually ever been dropped.

Could just be some peak time traffic?  Or TWC/Comcast showing us who's boss.

Offline

#5 2014-03-08 06:32:38

colorfusion
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 537

Re: Slow servers

Seems fine for me, slightly faster if anything.

Offline

#6 2014-03-08 09:44:50

JoyOfTrapping
Member
Registered: 2014-02-08
Posts: 158

Re: Slow servers

I also have been seeing these "strange red lights" you speak of.. This is deeply troubling to me.  I shall have to return to my meditation chambers and think on this..


YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

Offline

#7 2014-03-08 11:00:12

MazeHunter
Member
Registered: 2014-03-08
Posts: 24

Re: Slow servers

I believe that most of the increase traffic may be from bots that are searching for 0/0 houses. I been tracking certain players that immediately try to rob your  house after you update date it and I have noticed a pattern.  I noticed this with James Henry Calvin on 3/1/2014. I used an empty house with a vault in a corner and he would scout it out as if he did not know where it was. I took a screen shot of his many attempts and steps taken. Anyone know how to post a  screen shot here?

Offline

#8 2014-03-08 11:16:56

colorfusion
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 537

Re: Slow servers

MazeHunter wrote:

I believe that most of the increase traffic may be from bots that are searching for 0/0 houses. I been tracking certain players that immediately try to rob your  house after you update date it and I have noticed a pattern.  I noticed this with James Henry Calvin on 3/1/2014. I used an empty house with a vault in a corner and he would scout it out as if he did not know where it was. I took a screen shot of his many attempts and steps taken. Anyone know how to post a  screen shot here?

A bot searching for 0/0 untouched $2000 starter houses actually seems really feasible and easily possible (unless there was something put in place to stop them appearing on the list, I can't remember), but I'm pretty sure there are no bots that would search out other houses or appear to look like they didn't know where the vault is. Normal players will also be actively looking for 0/0 houses.

Offline

#9 2014-03-08 16:42:57

Leveller
Member
From: Sweden
Registered: 2014-02-20
Posts: 106

Re: Slow servers

Ignore all names.  Hit Enter. While semi-watching something on other screen.. Fast rob house.  Profit. No bot needed.

Offline

#10 2014-03-08 17:26:58

Blip
Member
Registered: 2013-05-07
Posts: 505

Re: Slow servers

colorfusion wrote:
MazeHunter wrote:

I believe that most of the increase traffic may be from bots that are searching for 0/0 houses. I been tracking certain players that immediately try to rob your  house after you update date it and I have noticed a pattern.  I noticed this with James Henry Calvin on 3/1/2014. I used an empty house with a vault in a corner and he would scout it out as if he did not know where it was. I took a screen shot of his many attempts and steps taken. Anyone know how to post a  screen shot here?

A bot searching for 0/0 untouched $2000 starter houses actually seems really feasible and easily possible (unless there was something put in place to stop them appearing on the list, I can't remember), but I'm pretty sure there are no bots that would search out other houses or appear to look like they didn't know where the vault is. Normal players will also be actively looking for 0/0 houses.

There's a system in place to prevent 2k, 0/0 house from showing up. Your house doesn't appear on the list until 5 minutes (maybe more?) after you create it: this means that people going out to scout and leaving their 2k behind have it protected for at least 5 minutes. This essentially quells the main source of 2k, 0/0 houses, which is why you don't see them much these days.


Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

Offline

#11 2014-03-08 18:04:19

colorfusion
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 537

Re: Slow servers

Blip wrote:

There's a system in place to prevent 2k, 0/0 house from showing up. Your house doesn't appear on the list until 5 minutes (maybe more?) after you create it: this means that people going out to scout and leaving their 2k behind have it protected for at least 5 minutes. This essentially quells the main source of 2k, 0/0 houses, which is why you don't see them much these days.

Yeah, I think I was the one who suggested that delay, but there's still likely enough $2000 houses popping up (if that's the only thing in place) to be able to make some profit overnight with no risk.

Offline

#12 2014-03-08 18:45:23

Leveller
Member
From: Sweden
Registered: 2014-02-20
Posts: 106

Re: Slow servers

Overnight? I can spot 1 every 5 mins during peakhours.

Offline

#13 2014-03-08 21:49:19

Lord0fHam
Member
From: California
Registered: 2014-02-11
Posts: 487

Re: Slow servers

MazeHunter wrote:

I believe that most of the increase traffic may be from bots that are searching for 0/0 houses. I been tracking certain players that immediately try to rob your  house after you update date it and I have noticed a pattern.  I noticed this with James Henry Calvin on 3/1/2014. I used an empty house with a vault in a corner and he would scout it out as if he did not know where it was. I took a screen shot of his many attempts and steps taken. Anyone know how to post a  screen shot here?

That was probably just me. Go to his house(if he still lives) and post a pic of his entrance. I'll tell you if it's me.


It's a trap!

Offline

#14 2014-03-09 02:17:07

Nakula
Member
Registered: 2014-03-03
Posts: 66

Re: Slow servers

ive been getting delayed robbery tapes. ill get the cash and tools from a dead robber, but it takes time for the tape to manifest itself. maybe simply entering and leaving a house manifests it, havnt done testing, but this has happend several times today

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB 1.5.8