The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-08 14:01:31

timsamoff
Website

Item behavior changes...

Hi,

I might just be crazy, but I keep experiencing something that is quite odd. For instance, I create a puzzle made up of floor switches, etc. It works great during testing. Then, I come back to my house to make edits later and when I test, the switches don't behave the same... Here's a very simple example of what I'm talking about:

http://castlefortify.com/?id=5dd43b6

The first time, if you turn all of the switches off, the electric floors turn off. On second test, turning all of the switches off has no effect. I've done this a couple of times, but not enough to call it consistent.

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited by timsamoff (2013-04-08 14:37:18)

#2 2013-04-08 14:26:45

Matrix

Re: Item behavior changes...

timsamoff wrote:

Hi,

I might just be crazy, but I keep experiencing something that is quite odd. For instance, I create a puzzle made up of floor switches, etc. It works great during testing. Then, I come back to my how to make edits later and when I test, the switches don't behave the same... Here's a very simple example of what I'm talking about:

http://castlefortify.com/?id=5dd43b6

The first time, if you turn all of the switches off, the electric floors turn off. On second test, turning all of the switches off has no effect. I've done this a couple of times, but not enough to call it consistent.

Thanks,
Tim

Did you manage to reproduce the weird behavior on exactly this example? Because I can't... for me the switches work no matter how many times I test, reach the vault, edit and test again etc etc.
What kind of edits do you make when it happens?

#3 2013-04-08 14:36:53

timsamoff
Website

This is one example that I was able to reproduce the issue on. Try leaving the room and come back. Add something unrelated to the puzzle and then test again.

#4 2013-04-08 15:08:01

Matrix

timsamoff wrote:

This is one example that I was able to reproduce the issue on. Try leaving the room and come back. Add something unrelated to the puzzle and then test again.

I tried, but I can't reproduce it sad
My suggestion would be to exit the game and copy the recorded game file as soon as you manage to reproduce it again. Then mail the file to Mr. Rohrer.

However this weird behavior made me remember another weird behavior with "electricity updates". They might be part of the same problem, or not.

Here is the layout that shows the anomaly: http://castlefortify.com/?id=75bb6d8

The anomaly: Voltage Triggered Switches count horizontal current the same as vertical current on the tile directly above them. So if there is horizontal current they will "switch". I think they should only switch when there is vertical current.

How to reproduce: just create a similar layout and test it to see the anomaly in action (compare to other elements that act "normally").

Last edited by Matrix (2013-04-08 15:14:20)

#5 2013-04-12 08:48:20

timsamoff
Website

Interesting. Thanks for the examples... I'll try to see if this happens again (I haven't tried to recreate it lately) and check out the Recorded Game.

Board footer