The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-10 22:09:35

LordSora

Friendly Neighborhood Mailing System

Greetings everyone! I’ve recently thought of a small addition that might make the game a little more interesting: a mail system.

Ideas:
Players would be allowed to send one message to a home owner per day. (Once you send a message you get mailing chills to prevent respawn mail spamming)
The message might have to be kept short (twitter length or slightly longer).
You could add a profanity filter to discourage outright insults.
Every house could start with a mailbox, or perhaps you would need to buy one... only if you wish. This way only people who actually want to hear messages from other people could be contacted. A little icon or star could appear next to people's houses with a mailbox.
I think it would be nice to be able to say things like… “Sorry about your wife >.<”
“My ghost will haunt you forever”. “I’ll get your vault next time!”. “Creative pit trap!”.

Good idea? Bad idea? Useless idea?
It would make the neighborhood feel a little more like a neighborhood and could be a fun and very simple addition to the game. Above the view tapes button could be a view mail button tongue

#2 2014-03-11 05:18:50

branden6474

Re: Friendly Neighborhood Mailing System

Yes.

#3 2014-03-11 06:08:37

RevealingGekco

Re: Friendly Neighborhood Mailing System

Been asked for a few times and rejected by developer: http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/vie … hp?id=1075

Board footer