The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-14 23:10:31

Danred

Idea. 3 items that should be introduced

Hi,

There are a number of houses that are near impossible to break into, but shouldn't be if the robber had some additional items and more importantly those that he had were more useful.  I believe with time and some thinking you could break into many of these houses with;

1. Wire.  - A piece of wire that the robber could lay down and create a connection between two points.

2. Cutters.   - Could they be used to cut the connections to an electrified floor, or a pit, and switches?

3. Voltage meter.   - This should be able to measure the voltage of walls as well as the floor wiring.  It's currently a real limitation of studying a circuit when the switches are next to a wall.

Regards,
Danred

#2 2013-04-15 02:54:36

Matrix

Re: Idea. 3 items that should be introduced

Yeah, most of these were already suggested in other threads. Might have been worded in a different way, but they suggested the same mechanic.

Being able to bring 8x Wire would be quite powerful, but then again it's possible to make an unbreachable system where wires won't help you at all.

I think that some kind of cutters will be introduced to deal with unpowered Electric Floors, but I am not sure about pits and switches (would come in handy sometimes).

I would like to be able to attach the Voltage Detector to anything conductive as well!

But even if all these get implemented the "impossible house" type will just shift to the magic-dance-lock type where all these tools won't help you gain any extra info about the logic behind. Most houses at the top of the list are already like that.

Board footer