The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-15 09:56:37

Danred

Idea : Anti Magic Dance

I like the idea of the animals following your movement.  It's useful.  But even a bloodhound wouldn't have any idea whether I stepped one metre in one direction or another if we were each the other side of a building.  Therefore I propose that the 'smell' distance of a dog is limited to say 4 spaces.  This would reduce the amount of 'magic dancing' because the animal triggering the switches would need to be a lot closer and not on the opposite side of the map and out-of-sight.

Danred

#2 2013-04-15 09:58:48

Danred

Re: Idea : Anti Magic Dance

In addition.

What about a decoy?  Animals heading in the direction of the decoy in preference to yourself?  Surely a pit bull is just as likely to be drugged by a steak instead of eating you, as it is likely to move towards the steak instead of moving towards you.

#3 2013-04-15 13:51:48

Omnipotent

I like the idea of a limit for dog movement, something more like 9 spaces in every direction would be more likely IMO.

#4 2013-04-15 23:14:22

Matrix

Omnipotent wrote:

I like the idea of a limit for dog movement, something more like 9 spaces in every direction would be more likely IMO.

If you want to be able to see the switches on which the animal is standing (to possibly figure out the code) the range would have to be 7 or less. If you want to actually reach the switches and possibly see the logic behind as well then the range would have to be 6 or less (I would even go with 1 less just to be sure, so 6 or 5).

But even that won't prevent magic dance locks that are made in such a way that you still won't be able to reach and study the real logic behind them. Yes, some people will run out of ideas and try something new, but as soon as someone will raise to the top with the new "unsolvable" type of the magic dance lock (which is possible with this fix) everyone will start using it again and then we are at square one hmm

Last edited by Matrix (2013-04-15 23:17:43)

Board footer