The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-13 11:09:08

StefanLindskog

Blowing away money

Hi! This is a message from Jeremy William Costanzo.
Am I bringing a disproportionate amount of tools to your house? Does it look like I'm stumbling blindly around while in there, blowing random concrete walls to dust? Are you viewing your tapes while thinking "WTF, man!"?

It's called learning by doing while managing risk. Soon I'll target more wealthy people than you and me (15K+), and you'll be rid of this nuisance. I seldom hit the jackpot, except when I do (sorry x 2 Mr. Sullivan!). This costly brute force scouting serves to keep me off the radar of the elite too, so it's really quite smart - if I can say so myself.
However, I need a few serious attempts at my house to test whether it can stand up to the same abuse that I'm submitting a few selected houses to, and not just the onslaught of suicide 2K'ers. If you're feeling the tiniest bit vindictive or sadistic, here's your target.

Kind regards,
J. W. Costanzo

EDIT: I forgot about our russian friends! Where are my manners? Below is the russian version. Sorry for not including this in the original text.

Привет! Это сообщение от Джереми Уильям Костанцо.
Могу ли я чего непропорционально большое количество инструментов для вашего дома? Разве похоже, что я спотыкаясь Слепо то время как в там, дует случайные бетонные стены две пыль? Вы читаете ваши ленты, думая "WTF, человек"?

Это называется обучение на собственном опыте во время управления рисками. Скоро я нацелены больше богатых людей, чем вы и я (15K +), и вы будете избавляться от этой неприятности. Я редко сорвать куш, за исключением, когда я делаю (извините х 2 г-н Салливан!). Это дорого перебор скаутинг служит два держать меня из поля зрения элиты тоже, так что это действительно очень умный - если можно так сказать, себя.
Тем не менее, мне нужно несколько серьезных попыток в моем доме два теста Сможет ли он встать на тот же злоупотребления, что я представляю несколько выбранных домов два, а не только натиск террористов-2K'ers. Если вы чувствуете себя мельчайшие немного мстительный или садиста, вот ваша цель.

С уважением,
Дж. У. Костанцо

Last edited by StefanLindskog (2014-03-13 11:14:02)

Current life: Unknown

Rotary toggle switches... Sooooo sexy.

#2 2014-03-13 13:26:50

LiteS

Re: Blowing away money

Hah, your entrance landed you squarely in the middle of my "Noooooooope" list of houses to enter.

#3 2014-03-13 13:29:43

StefanLindskog

What? You don't like Tetris? tongue

#4 2014-03-13 19:14:46

Storm

You won't get much serious attempts till you hit page 1. Everyone else turtles
and the last guy who broke my house was sitting at #1 and burned 80k worth of tools (of his 200k) over the course of 8 attempts. just so you know what to look forward to.

Last edited by Storm (2014-03-13 19:22:52)

#5 2014-03-13 19:51:39

42dustman

Storm wrote:

You won't get much serious attempts till you hit page 1. Everyone else turtles
and the last guy who broke my house was sitting at #1 and burned 80k worth of tools (of his 200k) over the course of 8 attempts. just so you know what to look forward to.

Let's say you had something like one or two alternate spots for the vault that are just as protected as the real position and you switched the vault's position between scouts. Would that be of any use against those guys?

Self-testing is torture.

#6 2014-03-13 19:56:58

Storm

Yeah that's my thinking too. actually my newest build has only one trap at the beginning designed to kill non 50k+ bruteforcers, past that the entire house is anti-bruteforce (instead of a smooth progression of skill-level targeting traps). with an end zone in three of the four corners, only one has the vault (or does it?). things like that. the entire game changes at the top.

Last edited by Storm (2014-03-13 20:03:30)

#7 2014-03-14 01:24:58

StefanLindskog

Storm wrote:

Yeah that's my thinking too. actually my newest build has only one trap at the beginning designed to kill non 50k+ bruteforcers, past that the entire house is anti-bruteforce (instead of a smooth progression of skill-level targeting traps). with an end zone in three of the four corners, only one has the vault (or does it?). things like that. the entire game changes at the top.

This stuff helps me get into the right mindset for my next house. I'm not surprised that I haven't thunk of it yet/myself. My brain is a digressing mess - like my current house. My mapshot looks like a randomized heap of stuff. smile

Board footer