The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-03-19 22:28:03

StefanLindskog

Re: Sarsaparilla Showdown!

Congratulations! So good to finally see the collection complete. smile
I'll take a look at the tape now. Then I'll post my house before and after you robbed me.
*making popcorrn*

Current life: Unknown

Rotary toggle switches... Sooooo sexy.

#27 2014-03-19 22:48:57

StefanLindskog

Wow! You really invested in that art, man! My house before and after you visited. I can post a video of the robbery after work if people want to see.

Before: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4478005/thepen.png

After: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/447 … robbed.png

Last edited by StefanLindskog (2014-03-19 22:54:15)

#28 2014-03-19 22:54:10

Lord0fHam

I don't know why, but it always seems like other people somehow have bigger houses and have room to fit more stuff. This house is really complicated and look huge, but is still in the same space. Mine seems small and easy in comparison (even though no one has gotten past the first part smile). I know it's just my imagination but it's still weird. also, please do post the vid.

It's a trap!

#29 2014-03-19 23:01:58

shlam16

StefanLindskog wrote:

Wow! You really invested in that art, man! My house before and after you visited. I can post a video of the robbery after work if people want to see.

Before: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4478005/thepen.png

After: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/447 … robbed.png

It was more a case of self defense/pride. I never would have attacked you for the final Sarsparilla, your base was too intimidating in the entrance; but since you started gunning for me I needed to get rid of you tongue. Plus, I figure I've spent 50k on single paintings before, so spending 40k on 2 new ones, plus a 15k rebate is a sound investment.

If anyone is interested in a new saga, I just used the money I got from you to scout Michael Louis Bissonnette and I have 3/4 of his map scouted. Anyone know if he is on the forums? Give him a chance to hit back wink

#30 2014-03-19 23:52:50

StefanLindskog

I knew I was getting myself into trouble when I started picking on you. I'm quite the green robber, and needed the pressure. Frankly, your house scared the shit outta me. The last time I was in there I barely got out in time. I've got the sound muted, so I didn't hear the sirens (if they make a sound, that is). The red text with the countdown suddenly caught my eye, and it was all I could do not to freak out.
Soon, I'll suicide. The bounty goes to a friend with an interesting project. After that I'll be your regular petty thief, experimenting with house designs until I come up with something I've never seen before.

And for the record: Mr. Howard's house is in no way a pitiful excuse for a home. That was just my mouth talking. big_smile

EDIT: Shlam? I imagine that your heart must have been pumping a little faster than normal when that dog chased you out of my house on you last scouting run. Am I right? I know I would have been worried about whether or not I had a clear path.

Last edited by StefanLindskog (2014-03-20 00:05:39)

#31 2014-03-20 00:21:39

Suedeo

SasparillaTrio-threepaintingsbyArtVogt_zpsf4dec174.png

What you are building is dangerous.

#32 2014-03-20 00:25:46

shlam16

StefanLindskog wrote:

I knew I was getting myself into trouble when I started picking on you. I'm quite the green robber, and needed the pressure. Frankly, your house scared the shit outta me. The last time I was in there I barely got out in time. I've got the sound muted, so I didn't hear the sirens (if they make a sound, that is). The red text with the countdown suddenly caught my eye, and it was all I could do not to freak out.
Soon, I'll suicide. The bounty goes to a friend with an interesting project. After that I'll be your regular petty thief, experimenting with house designs until I come up with something I've never seen before.

And for the record: Mr. Howard's house is in no way a pitiful excuse for a home. That was just my mouth talking. big_smile

EDIT: Shlam? I imagine that your heart must have been pumping a little faster than normal when that dog chased you out of my house on you last scouting run. Am I right? I know I would have been worried about whether or not I had a clear path.

Yes my heart was racing, but I had a castledraft map of everything I had seen of your place, so I just took it step by step and made sure not to make a mistake. If I recall correctly, didn't I lead it into a pit and then get cheeky and head back in?

#33 2014-03-20 01:36:20

Kimenzar

Scouted Brians House, seems like a nice house big_smile

#34 2014-03-20 02:15:01

shlam16

Kimenzar wrote:

Scouted Brians House, seems like a nice house big_smile

You must be Mr Timothy Bennett Walton. I was getting so frustrated not being able to get back home and pick up a few tools. Mr Connell's house had an extra couple of grand in it and I wanted to grab it before anyone else did.

But welcome to my castle, feel free to come back and play around wink

#35 2014-03-20 02:41:49

Kimenzar

Yeah that's me.
Frustrated or afraid? =P
I just take my time to scout an area ;P

Maybe i'll come back another day, but first i search for easy money.

#36 2014-03-20 04:35:27

StefanLindskog

Lord0fHam wrote:

I don't know why, but it always seems like other people somehow have bigger houses and have room to fit more stuff. This house is really complicated and look huge, but is still in the same space. Mine seems small and easy in comparison (even though no one has gotten past the first part smile). I know it's just my imagination but it's still weird. also, please do post the vid.

My design is cluttery, so I guess it seems like a larger house due to the lack of order. It kind of reflects my personality.
Anyway. Here's a link to the video. No fancy editing or anything: https://vimeo.com/m/89586244 (embedding it later, from home)

#37 2014-03-20 04:58:07

shlam16

Kimenzar wrote:

Yeah that's me.
Frustrated or afraid? =P

Frustrated lol. I've survived 60k assaults before without the vault ever being found. I figured it was you poking your nose around and I knew you only had 6k tongue.

That's a nice looking painting you have there wink.

#38 2014-03-20 04:59:14

shlam16

StefanLindskog wrote:
Lord0fHam wrote:

My design is cluttery, so I guess it seems like a larger house due to the lack of order. It kind of reflects my personality.
Anyway. Here's a link to the video. No fancy editing or anything: https://vimeo.com/m/89586244 (embedding it later, from home)

Haha awesome video. I got slightly bolder towards the end when I realised there was no room for you to be hiding any sort of clock mechanism. I just scanned every pixel for stray cats before each step.

#39 2014-03-20 06:05:47

Kimenzar

shlam16 wrote:
Kimenzar wrote:

Yeah that's me.
Frustrated or afraid? =P

Frustrated lol. I've survived 60k assaults before without the vault ever being found. I figured it was you poking your nose around and I knew you only had 6k tongue.

Yeah pretty neat, got it for only 6k from another vault + some tools tongue And that's the truth wink

#40 2014-03-20 06:42:37

shlam16

Kimenzar wrote:
shlam16 wrote:
Kimenzar wrote:

Yeah that's me.
Frustrated or afraid? =P

Yeah pretty neat, got it for only 6k from another vault + some tools tongue And that's the truth wink

Ooh nice. I just got a couple more from Mr Bissonnette. Not very good ones, but pretty darn easy compared to Stefans scary base.

Anyone know who has that cool scarab beetle painting? Wouldn't mind acquiring it at some stage.

EDIT: And another 2 instantly using Mr Bissonnettes money. Thanks Mr Ronald Fredrick Cooper wink.

EDIT 2: And another 3 using Mr Coopers money. Thanks Mr Clinton Brian Callaghan. Btw Stefan, your base was by FAR the most intimidating and expensive to crack.

Last edited by shlam16 (2014-03-20 07:25:59)

Board footer