The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-03-21 18:07:35

shlam16

Re: You should be able to return paintings to Auction house

As the guy who has over 60 paintings currently, I don't really see why people like to return them. If you have paintings you don't like then buy/steal more so that you can hide them and only keep nice ones on display. 3/4 of the paintings I have are utter garbage, but I like having them as a status symbol that my house is very successful.

I'm just waiting to annoy one too many people and see how much it costs to crack my house. I want to post it here, but not until it is defeated.

#27 2014-03-21 18:28:19

StefanLindskog

shlam16 wrote:

As the guy who has over 60 paintings currently, I don't really see why people like to return them. If you have paintings you don't like then buy/steal more so that you can hide them and only keep nice ones on display. 3/4 of the paintings I have are utter garbage, but I like having them as a status symbol that my house is very successful.

I'm just waiting to annoy one too many people and see how much it costs to crack my house. I want to post it here, but not until it is defeated.

I look forward to seeing it!

Current life: Unknown

Rotary toggle switches... Sooooo sexy.

#28 2014-03-21 18:39:14

shlam16

StefanLindskog wrote:
shlam16 wrote:

I look forward to seeing it!

If you haven't yet established a new house for yourself, you should peek your head into mine and see my new entrance Stefan. It's been in the pipelines for a while, but until now I liked to keep my entrance inviting. I finally made it deadly and it hasn't seemed to deter the 2k guys, which is nice.

#29 2014-03-21 20:23:02

Lord0fHam

yeah i know you have a bunch of crap paintings shalm. i've scouted about a third of your house, but not since you changed it so i can't wait to see what you've done!

It's a trap!

#30 2014-03-21 21:26:47

shlam16

Lord0fHam wrote:

yeah i know you have a bunch of crap paintings shalm. i've scouted about a third of your house, but not since you changed it so i can't wait to see what you've done!

You have? Do you know your name? I don't remember anyone seeing more than my entrance without dying except for Stefan and Gyuri, but they are both dead now anyway.

Mr Noonan and Mr Dunn are regular visitors, but they only take 3 steps so I think they are just keeping an eye on my art. Are you Mr Coney?

But welcome to my castle wink. Since I have become active in the forums and everyone seems to know I am the painting hoarder, I thought I would up the stakes for anyone who wants to have a little scout. It was the first major renovation I'd done on my house in weeks, terrifying to self test. I must have done it about 5 times with indicator lights and chihuahuas before I had the guts to do it for real.

Last edited by shlam16 (2014-03-21 21:29:38)

#31 2014-03-21 21:33:00

Lord0fHam

I'm never telling you who i am, but i will tell you that i have no idea how to get that trap door at the bottom to close, or if i even need to go there. also i have no idea how to close those 5 or 6 trapdoors that you probably need to get through, so i won't be robbing you anytime soon.

It's a trap!

#32 2014-03-24 05:06:26

PsyBlade

Imho you should be able to sell paintings in the auction house. I think getting a percentage (50%?) of the price it gets would be a good compromise. Paintings would still be a money sink. Even a better one since it somewhat prevents the auction house from drying up. Had it not been for 2 unlucky deaths most pictures would still be accumulating in a shrinking number of accounts. Even the community effort to take one of those accs down would have changed nothing (besides the identity of that acc).

The ability to sell them would act as an incentive for robbers without much money to steal some art. Thus keeping it in circulation.

Plus I would love to get rid of some bad art I recently aquired.

Board footer