The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-17 12:25:38

setz
Website

Solve a house, only to stock it by killing yourself intentionally.

Have any of you ran into this idea of solving a house but then intentionally not taking the safe? You can then come back time and time again with a backpack full of supplies only to "stock" up the house with more and more loot for you to sell when you actually want to solve the house? Its an easy way to make ALOT of money and I just saw a guy/girl do it to my house 7-8 times (4 guns, 2 ladders in Backpack each time) to pump up my house to 10k and then rob it for real. (I do have footage saved of this if anyone would want to see it)

I am not totally sure if I would consider this "cheating"  but I do definitely think its a little overpowered.

What do you all think?

#2 2013-04-17 12:43:56

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Solve a house, only to stock it by killing yourself intentionally.

Yeah, this is a problem!

Though... when a house is bumped up to $10k, it becomes a tempting target for everyone, which means the person doing the bumping won't necessarily be the one to get all the loot.

I think that maps will change this somewhat.

Also, growing timeout after each subsequent death, as discussed in another thread, would limit this tactic.

#3 2013-04-17 12:44:09

colorfusion

I've been tempted to do that when I've solved an already-rich house, but I'm worried that someone else will see it and steal all that I've built up or that the creator will see me doing it and just change their house.

#4 2013-04-17 20:31:12

Morgan_Blair

I've done this myself. I think I boosted a house to something like $50K, once (then lost it, while taking too much time looking at graph paper and leaving my house due to inactivity). Totally cheating, but if the game allows it…I'll do it because I assume others are doing it as well.

Having a growing timeout mechanism sounds like a great fix, though (would help with brute–force attacks on house defenses, as well).

Board footer