The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-19 05:41:19

dalleck

on Artworks

As I have been playing today, one player who had amassed enormous wealth and owned all the artworks died.  This meant that every piece of art suddenly went on the market.  As there are not many players currently about, nobody is bidding on them and they are each just over $100 to buy, which means they could easily be hoarded again by a single player.  Perhaps players should be limited to 1 purchase per day to limit hoarding.

Another thought is:  What if players were limited to 4 art pieces total?  Then, to change their collection, allow players to auction their art off.

I also think the art auction is a little too simplistic at the moment.  Perhaps prices should drop more slowly, and certain pieces should be worth more than others.  If it became more like an auction, each individual piece would have an end-time for bidding, and players would put bids in, perhaps silent bids.  Each artwork would show what it was previously bought for, and that would create a reserve price for bids.  Each time bidding ends without reaching reserve, the reserve price will drop down until it is finally sold.

Last edited by dalleck (2013-04-19 05:43:10)

The rich aren't safe. Nobody is safe. -jere                   ...but the smell wafts out from the pit, obviously. - Jason Rohrer

And the more dickish they are, the more I feel like beating a house to destruction after finally figuring it out. -bey bey

#2 2013-04-19 06:27:11

DrNoid

Re: on Artworks

I think it would be very nice if we could put paintings back up for auction, to get some money back.

Maybe owning paintings should cost money, you know... restoration costs wink That will force you to keep stealing money. Currently, once you're rich, there is no reason to rob anyone any more, since you can't spend the money any way.

#3 2013-04-19 06:53:46

ukuko

Re: on Artworks

+1 for reselling paintings. Maybe even trading?

Board footer